UPS is in the new era.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
All were the CIOs (Chief Information Officer) for UPS. Now like so many other management committee members at UPS, the new CIO was hired from outside and doesn't have the UPS experience that the other four had.
You don’t need UPS experience to be good at the job. The old brass you speak of had it and was running this company like K-mart. the balance sheets were in distress. The company was not able to generate profit to invest for long term growth. We did deals with customers that generated pennies of profit. Some deals we would lose money on.

Pullman Brown

You don’t need UPS experience to be good at the job. The old brass you speak of had it and was running this company like K-mart. the balance sheets were in distress. The company was not able to generate profit to invest for long term growth. We did deals with customers that generated pennies of profit. Some deals we would lose money on.

So one example- UPS should have charged amazon more than it did while it was creating its infrastructure and system to deliver its own packages?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
F4203666-E27D-4318-B2CD-ECD99E5CE011.gif

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Watched a good young manager get walked out last month...a week later his division manager got fired
Glad to see company policy is followed there. Our management team looks like an orgy. Our center manager is a playah. Hope corporate catches on soon. I'll just sit back and watch the fireworks.

Popeye

All were the CIOs (Chief Information Officer) for UPS. Now like so many other management committee members at UPS, the new CIO was hired from outside and doesn't have the UPS experience that the other four had.
The new IT guy is a career IT professional. The previous ones were not. This explains a lot about why IS is the way it is.