UPS latest earnings report

zeev

UPS has worked with Amazon they provide the reliable lift that Amazon needs and deliver when product is not available in Amazon warehouses. FedEx’s fast food labor force not reliable.

bacha29

Sounds like it’s time for a new Front Line video to remind everyone how much better FedEx is.
Beating the estimates is one thing but smashing them on both top and bottom numbers AND raising the dividend 49% . It telling Fat Freddy that Big Brown is coming for him.

Aquaman

Wrong.

He will be along shortly to explain why it's all the drivers' fault.
Ya couldn’t be a bunch of lower managment too afraid to confront bad ideas head on. The one reason I wish this company was unionized is because almost everything this company tries is a mistake. It’s horrible idea after horrible idea. Everything is a reaction to something that’s already happened. A union contract would at least protect our pay from their dumb dumb dumb ideas. How many dumb ideas would get pushed through if our raises weren’t optional. How much contracting would they do if they had to pay us well.

yadig

Good for ups and it’s fairly paid employees. I guess you do get what you pay for. FedEx will be announcing a new pay progression in the next 20 years.

Karma...

Too bad Fed Ex isn't union......The teamsters would prove a unifying force and streamline Fed Ex ..The new head of the union is primarily a businessman and obviously understands and seeks cooperation with ups a great example.....Do you think ups could have been this successful without a union ?....I believe in both the union and states being r.t.w......we all are tripping over dollars to get the penny ( peanuts ).....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Beating the estimates is one thing but smashing them on both top and bottom numbers AND raising the dividend 49% . It telling Fat Freddy that Big Brown is coming for him.
It's like anything else posted here. You (and others) see it and think it means something that it doesn't.

McFeely

Huge Member
Wow! Sending one driver to every stop instead of two drivers really makes a difference to the bottom line! Who knew?

Wait, you only send 2 drivers? I think we do 3-4 when you include late freight shuttled out, Ground, and Wave 2 drivers.

And by the time the wave 2 driver gets to a business, they’re already closed. That is, if they even attempt the stop.

Aquaman

Too bad Fed Ex isn't union......The teamsters would prove a unifying force and streamline Fed Ex ..The new head of the union is primarily a businessman and obviously understands and seeks cooperation with ups a great example.....Do you think ups could have been this successful without a union ?....I believe in both the union and states being r.t.w......we all are tripping over dollars to get the penny ( peanuts ).....
The union is a pain in their :censored2: I’m sure. But agreeing to pay drivers a wage they’re happy with undeniably has its perks. Especially during a pandemic when everyone is quitting jobs that haven’t stayed competitive with pay. UPS doesn’t have a driver shortage problem because of that contract. Meanwhile every Express station has 9 courier jobs on indeed that nobody wants.