UPS latest earnings report

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Good for ups and it’s fairly paid employees. I guess you do get what you pay for. FedEx will be announcing a new pay progression in the next 20 years.
Well sellout Hoffa allowing a huge uptick in non union feeder contractors and personal vehicle delivery drivers helped a lot I'm sure.

AB831

Ya couldn’t be a bunch of lower managment too afraid to confront bad ideas head on. The one reason I wish this company was unionized is because almost everything this company tries is a mistake. It’s horrible idea after horrible idea. Everything is a reaction to something that’s already happened. A union contract would at least protect our pay from their dumb dumb dumb ideas. How many dumb ideas would get pushed through if our raises weren’t optional. How much contracting would they do if they had to pay us well.
Lower management isn't qualified to manage a Burger King much less approach upper management with suggestions. Have you ever seen a lower manager touch a dollar bill unless it was in front of a vending machine? Fat Freddy developed his own currency like "stops per hour" and "making service" because his lower managers aren't competent enough to do anything beyond that.

AB831

The union is a pain in their :censored2: I’m sure. But agreeing to pay drivers a wage they’re happy with undeniably has its perks. Especially during a pandemic when everyone is quitting jobs that haven’t stayed competitive with pay. UPS doesn’t have a driver shortage problem because of that contract. Meanwhile every Express station has 9 courier jobs on indeed that nobody wants.
That number will only grow as more and more old-timers retire and get replaced by nobody. The snake oil of "this can be your career" is starting to become harder and harder for Fat Freddy to sell to 25 year olds.

yadig

UPS delivers rosy outlook for 2022 after record earnings, shares soar
UPS delivers rosy outlook for 2022 after record earnings, shares soar
They look to be doing pretty good to me!

!Retired!

From the article...'It also expects adjusted operating margins of 13.7% in 2022, above 2021 levels, despite rising labor and fuel costs roiling the industry.'

This is the number investors look at. 13.7% is an outrageous number.

bacha29

From the article...'It also expects adjusted operating margins of 13.7% in 2022, above 2021 levels, despite rising labor and fuel costs roiling the industry.'

This is the number investors look at. 13.7% is an outrageous number.
It's a well known fact that United parcel Service is a model of corporate efficiency . The numbers now clearly support that reputation.

Aquaman

It's a well known fact that United parcel Service is a model of corporate efficiency . The numbers now clearly support that reputation.
That’s the perk of paying your drivers what they want, taking care of their families, & retirements… your employees are willing to give you their entire day.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Lower management isn't qualified to manage a Burger King much less approach upper management with suggestions. Have you ever seen a lower manager touch a dollar bill unless it was in front of a vending machine? Fat Freddy developed his own currency like "stops per hour" and "making service" because his lower managers aren't competent enough to do anything beyond that.
You paying MF royalties for using his wildly silly cliched talking points? He doesn't like anyone horning in on his nonsense.

yadig

Yep. So is FedEx.

No one disputes any of that. What's laughable is all the extra "analysis" posted about it.
FedEx is doing alright? 😂 I honestly hope you’re right on that. It looks terrible at my ramp! It’s a dang cluster and having massive turnover. It’s not omicron we’re I’m at!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
FedEx is doing alright? 😂 I honestly hope you’re right on that. It looks terrible at my ramp! It’s a dang cluster and having massive turnover. It’s not omicron we’re I’m at!
Did you miss the last earnings report? Beat earnings, beat revenue.

bacha29

Did you miss the last earnings report? Beat earnings, beat revenue.
Wonderful! But how come UPS stock is up 45% from it's 52 week low and hitting new 52 week HIGHS while Fat Freddy's stock is only off it's 52 week low by about 15% while trading at 20% below it's 52 week high?

!Retired!

That's a very high number, even for them
That’s the perk of paying your drivers what they want, taking care of their families, & retirements… your employees are willing to give you their entire day.
Willing? I hardly think they do it willingly. I'll bet most would rather be home for dinner, help their kids with their homework and tuck them in at night

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's a very high number, even for them

Willing? I hardly think they do it willingly. I'll bet most would rather be home for dinner, help their kids with their homework and tuck them in at night
Most shouldn’t take a 1000-1900 shift then. Providing an elevated lifestyle for your family requires personal sacrifice, especially in this day and time.