UPS latest earnings report

floridays

What's wrong with getting off by 1700 so you can have some family time. Before I retired, getting off at 1700 would be a 12 hr day.
Nothing.

You didn't understand my point, or you just didn't want to understand it.

The first guy I responded to mentioned an 8 hour day, that was my target.
You clearly worked 12.

Nothing wrong with an 8 hour day, most couriers can't give their family a pot to piss in on 8 hours of Express pay.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
That would only means labor cost per hour would be determined. Unless the number of employees and overtime remain static, labor costs will fluctuate all over the place.

Is that what you meant???
More of a maximum number which labor costs would not exceed for the contract length. As employees leave, new employees will start at the bottom wage tiers with probation periods before benefits begin. So at a contract's start the company can compute total employees wage progressions and benefit costs and know that even if there is zero turnover, labor costs won't exceed a previously calculated level.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
More of a maximum number which labor costs would not exceed for the contract length. As employees leave, new employees will start at the bottom wage tiers with probation periods before benefits begin. So at a contract's start the company can compute total employees wage progressions and benefit costs and know that even if there is zero turnover, labor costs won't exceed a previously calculated level.
Especially if you ignore the possibility of hiring any substantial number of additional employees.