UPS Mail Innovations - questions on how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaanapili

So I am not a UPS driver, just a consumer who lives in Hawaii and starting feeling the effects of this service. For those that do not know, USPS Parcel Select is a no-go when getting things to Hawaii as it take forever to get here like as long as 6 weeks. So hopefully you guys/gals can give me better, more reliable information than UPS customer service as they have no clue on how UPS MI works to Hawaii for some reason. And getting answers on it only gets hindered as that department does not take calls from the public but only the businesses that use this service.

My question is where does UPS hand off to USPS? Our tracking updated on 11/11 and when plugging the tracking to the USPS website it says label printed and the service is "USPS Parcel Select Lightweight". According to the UPS customer service, they said that the hand-off will occur on the 16th. The latest UPS scans showed a sorting in UPS MI facility in New York on 11/10 then a USPS label printed on 11/10 in Honolulu, Hawaii.

So if UPS is going to hand-off on the mainland, then parcel select will take forever and will be very close to Christmas. But if UPS is going to hand-off in Hawaii, then it may not take too long.

Any insight on how this would work?

Kaanapili

Thanks for the reply.

One other question. Does all UPS MI shipments get the lowest class label for USPS? In this case parcel select lightweight. Or if not, who controls what USPS service is used on the label? Is it UPS or the businesses who use UPS MI?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes to your first question.

UPS MI and the USPS have a contractual agreement. I am not privy to the details but would have to imagine that UPS dictates the level of service on the label.

UPS MI is not to be used for time sensitive shipments.

barnyard

KTM rider
Unfortunately, this is not a UPS help center. I see you have tried calling, you might also try the UPS Facebook page.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You won't get any good advice here, most of us don't know the details about how UPS Mail Innovations work. I just see a buggy full of the yellow packs from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.