UPS Mesquite TX Hub-a scarier place to work everyday!

Last night, I received a call back from the local newspaper's "investigation team" stating the neither Mesquite or Dallas police report any arrest in that building this month. Mesquite Police report a suicide from earlier this month, whose investigation has been closed. I understand people are still concerned for their safety, however I have not been able to find any place to substantiate these rumors. The rumors still persist and are even growing to include others. At some point, the accusations seem to turn from being born out of fear and into hateful revenge. I have NO desire to see honest men accused of crimes which can ruin their reputation. I started this thread to see how others, are dealing with the loss and fear this terrible from this terrible situation. As for myself, I've chosen to search for answers and am satisfied that I have done what I can find out the truth. Unless actual facts show someone was arrested or the case was changed from suiciide to murder, I feel I have nothing left to question.

Feeders101

Rumors are just that. But I haven't gotten any evidence to prove they are not true. If they can bring a weapon into the facility. I think I should be able to carry. I have a CHL and I'd like to be able to defend myself.

slingblade

Last night, I received a call back from the local newspaper's "investigation team" stating the neither Mesquite or Dallas police report any arrest in that building this month. Mesquite Police report a suicide from earlier this month, whose investigation has been closed. I understand people are still concerned for their safety, however I have not been able to find any place to substantiate these rumors. The rumors still persist and are even growing to include others. At some point, the accusations seem to turn from being born out of fear and into hateful revenge. I have NO desire to see honest men accused of crimes which can ruin their reputation. I started this thread to see how others, are dealing with the loss and fear this terrible from this terrible situation. As for myself, I've chosen to search for answers and am satisfied that I have done what I can find out the truth. Unless actual facts show someone was arrested or the case was changed from suiciide to murder, I feel I have nothing left to question.

reckon vito and clem got to you too. good thing it weren't the martians this time. those guys like to do internals that never stop hurtin.

upscat

we have to be careful we don't turn this into some kind of weird soap opera. Unfortunately someone suffering from depression committed suicide at work on a sunday night. Is there really anymore to this than that?

david426

I begin this, hoping to NEVER disrespect those involved in this situation being discussed. This is a horrible situation and I feel UPS employees have been left with no place to voice their safety concerns involving The UPS Mesquite Hub. It is my fear that the events ending in the death, of a fellow brother in brown (be it Union or otherwise), will be swept under the rug. This will promote this rising atmosphere of aggression, which bred this heinous event to, only escalate!

I hope this will be a place for people to share information regarding these events, so that we may make some scence of what has happened. I doubt UPS will be forthcoming in any information, regarding this death. Further information (names withheld) will be shared on this thread, if people choose to hear and or share it.

I'm curious too.. Was it murder or suicide? Lots of rumors going around.. We now have a new Division Manager for the Feeder Department.. I'm not sure where Lopes went or if he is still employed at this point..

Island

The story I heard from a couple guys is that the manager who is now deceased had intended to take his DM with him. Mesquite is without a doubt one of the worst hub operations on the planet and rather than fix it or prevent any of the problems that corporate had known were going to happen, they're scapegoating people. This guy wouldn't be scapegoated and evidently took advantage of our frankly nonexistent security to accomplish his goal.
I'm not going to support the idea of a murder well concealed but I am going to support the fact that UPS's relationship with the authorities is pretty much that of a corpocracy.
In my building, one on federal land, I witnessed a guy get walked out by a federal marshal after being caught stealing. The employee had been stealing a tremendous amount of electronics and our toddler-brained whine-and-throw-a-fit fake-all-the-paperwork-because-we-don't-actually-understand-elementary-math management team had only picked up on it after some employees pointed it out during a disagreement over production harassment (the thief hadn't been pulling his weight, spending a lot of time opening boxes rather than moving them). He never went to jail or prison. UPS didn't press charges, just dismissed him and said, we'd rather the public didn't know that you stole all those ipods from walmart, so we're not going to let this become public information or people won't send ipods through UPS anymore. He was seen, oddly enough, working at a walmart a few months later.
I'm not saying it's the same thing but if UPS can ship a crocodile through customs without any authorities catching on (that actually happened, along with all the humans we've shipped), a division manager can probably BS the cops into keeping the details of an investigation and the list of suspects from making the news.

Island

My Division Manager has carpeting in his office...
Agreed, here at DFW (Mesquite's sister, our regional air hub counterpart to mesquite's ground) our offices have quite a bit of carpet. And web conferencing computers by the dozen so our management can kiss each other's asses at long distance. And then there's the huge cherrywood conference table, it seats 20? 30? We do not house corporate offices, only operations, but there's probably half a million dollars invested in corporate furnishings, and then there's the huge industrial AC and heater for the offices which is kind of a joke because the offices are so small. Seriously, that AC unit is probably as big as my apartment building