UPS moving to another team in NASCAR?

govols019

You smell that?
Nice machine back in it's day. I still have an old 85 Bid Red that I swear you can't kill.

Back in it's day? You sound like my wife.:happy-very:

She doesn't understand my love of three-wheelers. I told her if I wanted something with four wheels on it I'd buy a car.

govols019

You smell that?
We were at Bristol a few years ago when Dale put on a great show when he stalked Ryan Newman down and put him in the wall as payback for an earlier spin. Man, that was awesome!!

Dutch Dawg

Uh this was an 'April Fools Joke' right? I'll believe it when I see it... UPS management has proven over the years they are too entrenched in their paper folies to make meaningful change..why would their marketing be any different?

DiadDude

We had a chance to drop Jarrett and pick up Kasey Khane two years ago. Why we didn't, I 'll never know. I guess UPS just wanted to get some more mileage out of Dale "Racing the Truck"......
BTW- I was at Bristol for Dales last race. It was a class act all the way around, with the card stunt in the stands, and a trio of friend/A 18's doing a flyby for Dale as he circled the track with his dad driving.

UPS was interested in going to Evernham and sponsoring Kahne, but the Dodge Dealers refused to give him up. That left Jeremy Mayfield and the 19 team which UPS passed on.

At that time I called UPS to the Evernham 10 with Erin Crocker driving in 2009. Then Ray had to go and mess that up with his inappropriate relationship with an employee.

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
When UPS looks to sponsor someone in Nascar they look for more of a PR person. Dale Jarrett was one of the best PR people in the business. He wasn't the greatest when he retired but he still had the PR in him. I was able to meet him 2 years ago at Infineon and his reputation for the PR guy was dead on. He knew exactly where the news people were at all times. As soon as he was behind closed doors he was a completely different person. It will be very hard to find someone with his PR capability.

DiadDude

When UPS looks to sponsor someone in Nascar they look for more of a PR person. Dale Jarrett was one of the best PR people in the business. He wasn't the greatest when he retired but he still had the PR in him. I was able to meet him 2 years ago at Infineon and his reputation for the PR guy was dead on. He knew exactly where the news people were at all times. As soon as he was behind closed doors he was a completely different person. It will be very hard to find someone with his PR capability.

Just because you like the camera, doesn't mean you're a good PR person. If you're paying the money that UPS paid to a driver, you have to hope that when he is on TV, he mentions your company. I can't count how many times he failed to mention UPS in a live interview. Heck, other drivers turn away from the camera and "read the car" into the microphone. DJ would talk all day about how good or bad his Ford/Toyota was, and forget to say anything about the company that put him in that car.

govols019

You smell that?
I don't need him to tell me who his sponsor is. I can see it on his uniform and the car he's standing by when they interview him.

I can't stand to see them interview Michael Waltrip for that exact reason.