Ups new hire

platinum9898

If some one is a real superman then maybe management will pull a few strings to get that person hired FT you never know

Sent using BrownCafe App

prana

You would have to have inside info from another driver or hr or management on if any drivers are quitting, retiring, or transferring soon. Assuming if none are leaving, then your chances are slim to none. If a couple are leaving, they normally hire package handlers that has gone to driving school to fill the positions so it's still slim. I wouldn't leave a steady job for seasonal, especially if you have a family to provide for. Just being brutally honest.

Sent using BrownCafe App

YellowSox

Joining ups is about your future not the present. No quick money to be made. you have to grind your way up, whether you start on the inside working 2 jobs to make ends meet or starting as a casual and working miracles to make ends meet. There's great money to be made but regardless it will take years to get your fulltime opportunity... unless you're one of the lucky few or superman.

Sent using BrownCafe App
^^^^ pretty much this. We aren't trying to be negative or anything, just being completely honest.

Took an off the street seasonal driver almost 4 years to make permenant full time, which after the first season lost part of his finger after chopping it off in the sliding door of his truck. And he was almost always under allowed every day.

If you ask me, I think losing part of your finger to the job is giving enough for the company, haha.

Yeah most of is had to put years in before we got the full time gig, the goal is to get it as quick as possible. Since now it takes 4 years to make scale .

Sent using BrownCafe App

MassWineGuy

Don't quit your current job if you like it whatsoever. With UPS your last day is in January. hey'll keep saying that seasonals become permanents, but it's rare.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Silly responses aside...

Yes, there's a chance you may be a permanent FT hire after peak. It may be immediately after peak or it may be in the spring. We also have several BrownCafe members who've driven multiple peaks (years) before being hired FT. Your chances of going FT will be dependent on your area's needs, your work ethic and management's perception of you. The only thing you can expect is that the process to be very competitive.

If you're unsuccessful in obtaining a FT position with UPS, would your current FT job -- or an equivalent job -- be readily available? If the answer is no, then just know that leaving your current job to catch on permanently with UPS is high risk.

Just for the record I'm in Utah if this changes anything anyway

No, it does not, but be aware that only one wife will be covered by your UPS benefits. Thankfully (?), there's no limit on children, regardless of how many babies momma there are...