UPS package never scanned?

88vzn

I'm new on this site, not sure if this is the right place for it?

But anyway, a relative of mine shipped an item to me on Wednesday and gave me the tracking number as soon as he did..It's been stuck on this message since then "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I called UPS and they said it wasn't scanned, but they say the expected delivery date is tomorrow (Friday)??? I didn't understand how they would know it's expected to arrive tomorrow but there's no origin scan or anything.

Is it possible for a package to go through UPS ground without being scanned or anything the whole time and still arrive, and has anyone had this happen to them? Or is it almost certain that it's basically lost?

Thanks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm new on this site, not sure if this is the right place for it?

But anyway, a relative of mine shipped an item to me on Wednesday and gave me the tracking number as soon as he did..It's been stuck on this message since then "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I called UPS and they said it wasn't scanned, but they say the expected delivery date is tomorrow (Friday)??? I didn't understand how they would know it's expected to arrive tomorrow but there's no origin scan or anything.

Is it possible for a package to go through UPS ground without being scanned or anything the whole time and still arrive, and has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks

Happens to me from time to time.
Mostly with Amazon.
An origin scan is suppose to occur but it does not always happen.

DRock

I've worked the helm of a feeder truck where there slamming you with packages. If its label won't scan there's a good chance it won't get scanned until it gets spa ed to a truck. You will receive you package as expected.

88vzn

Well, didn't get the package today..BUT the tracking magically updated and says it was picked up today??

Pretty confusing because it should've been here today, now it says it will be here on the 12th..better then nothing I guess, lol

It was dropped off 6/6 at 10:30 AM and picked up today at 4:56 PM

88vzn

And also, it was dropped off at the UPS store in Naples, FL and it says pickup was from Fort Myers, FL

so it traveled a whole hour in that time

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Depends what time it was dropped at the UPS store. IF the driver picked it up already, the pkg wouldn't have been brought over to the building until the next day.

UPSGUY72

Well, didn't get the package today..BUT the tracking magically updated and says it was picked up today??

Pretty confusing because it should've been here today, now it says it will be here on the 12th..better then nothing I guess, lol

It was dropped off 6/6 at 10:30 AM and picked up today at 4:56 PM

A message that says a label has been created doesn't mean ant except a label had been created and paid for. It doesn't mean it was picked up or drop off anywhere. If it was drop off at the UPS store on 6/6 it would have been picked up that night. I suspect either the label was created on 6/6 at 10:30am but the package was not brought to the UPS store untill 6/7. Or there was a problem with the payment and the UPS store held the package until they go there money...

UPS store are independently owned and operated UPS doesn't Own them... There rates are higher than you pay if you went to UPS customer counter at one of the centers....

S

splozi

There rates are higher than you pay if you went to UPS customer counter at one of the centers....

Are you sure about this? I've only ever shipped anything by UPS a couple of times, but I coulda swore that I've always been charged the rate quoted on UPS's website.

I know for sure that the little shipping stores charge you up the ass, however.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS store are independently owned and operated UPS doesn't Own them... There rates are higher than you pay if you went to UPS customer counter at one of the centers....

Actually, The UPS Stores and the customer counters charge Published Retail rates. The UPS Store contractually cannot charge more than Published Retail rates.

MBE was charging more than the Customer Counters and that was a consideration for UPS buying MBE.
Customers thought the rates were UPS rates and UPS wanted to control and own the customer experience.

UPSGUY72

Actually, The UPS Stores and the customer counters charge Published Retail rates. The UPS Store contractually cannot charge more than Published Retail rates.

MBE was charging more than the Customer Counters and that was a consideration for UPS buying MBE.
Customers thought the rates were UPS rates and UPS wanted to control and own the customer experience.

my bad

How do UPS store stay in business than. IF they get a cut of the shipping cost than UPS can't be making much if anything from packages picked up at the UPS store.. I know they provided other service however they need to be making enough money to cover there overhead...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do UPS store stay in business than. IF they get a cut of the shipping cost than UPS can't be making much if anything from packages picked up at the UPS store.. I know they provided other service however they need to be making enough money to cover there overhead...

I pick up at a UPS Store. They make their money off of drop offs---$1/per box--rental of mail boxes, copy services, etc. They also accept pkgs for the Post Office.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We pick ups UPS stores around 6pm not 10:30 am.
point was, if the package were dropped off after 6pm or whatever pick-up time, the pkg will be entered in the system with manifest at store but not show any movement until next day. not sure if it applies or not, but I've seen it happen too many times to count.