UPS Pay Progression SUCKS!

Heavy Package

All of you complaining should be thankful that UPS chooses to employ you. We are working under the best contract ever negotiated for us, our IBT leadership even said so! And yet here you are ,complain complain complain. Cut your disgusting dreds, cover up your neck tattoos, shave, tuck in your sloppy uniform, and get your a:censored2: to the hub on time with a smile. The people on this site disgust me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I just wanted to rant a little on my disgust with the pay progression at UPS. Starting out in this company is so hard to do. New driver you are bumped out alot, tossed around all the time, and expected to do more work than pretty much anybody else simply because you are the low guy. Last week I ran 4-11 hour days which to me is ridiculous. Thats actual on road hours to not planned hours. My planned hours were 11.5 and 11.2. I was the only one in the center getting back in after 8. I understand being the low guy and having to start lower than the guys that have earned their way. I totally understand and respect that. However having to wait 3 YEARS before I make that amount of money is absolutely ridiculous!!!!

I went to Integrad and their big story was all the new hires were quitting because of lack of training-one word-WRONG!!!! Its the pay they are making thats making them quit. Nobody wants to do this job and work this hard, deal with the stress, and put up with some mouthy supervisor EVERY MORNING for $16 an hour.

I am in no way shape or form bashing the guys who make the top pay, I realize you earned it, worked to get there and am happy for you. Just wondered how many of you went through the same thought process Im at right now?
upload_2020-1-22_7-22-28.png

Indecisi0n

All of you complaining should be thankful that UPS chooses to employ you. We are working under the best contract ever negotiated for us, our IBT leadership even said so! And yet here you are ,complain complain complain. Cut your disgusting dreds, cover up your neck tattoos, shave, tuck in your sloppy uniform, and get your a:censored2: to the hub on time with a smile. The people on this site disgust me.
Good shave tuck goes a long way.

myback

I just wanted to rant a little on my disgust with the pay progression at UPS. Starting out in this company is so hard to do. New driver you are bumped out alot, tossed around all the time, and expected to do more work than pretty much anybody else simply because you are the low guy. Last week I ran 4-11 hour days which to me is ridiculous. Thats actual on road hours to not planned hours. My planned hours were 11.5 and 11.2. I was the only one in the center getting back in after 8. I understand being the low guy and having to start lower than the guys that have earned their way. I totally understand and respect that. However having to wait 3 YEARS before I make that amount of money is absolutely ridiculous!!!!

I went to Integrad and their big story was all the new hires were quitting because of lack of training-one word-WRONG!!!! Its the pay they are making thats making them quit. Nobody wants to do this job and work this hard, deal with the stress, and put up with some mouthy supervisor EVERY MORNING for $16 an hour.

I am in no way shape or form bashing the guys who make the top pay, I realize you earned it, worked to get there and am happy for you. Just wondered how many of you went through the same thought process Im at right now?

rocket man

did you vote on contract?

Zowert

You can make six figures a year once you’re top rate, depending on where you live. On the west coast top rate under the new contract is $41.05. Drivers were already bringing in over $100k on the old top rate (at just under $37/h). If you’re patient and you can stick it out, you’ll be on the gravy train.

At UPS I’m making twice what I made in my last career (high school teacher) and I haven’t even reached top rate. If I had known how much drivers make I wouldn’t have wasted my time or money on a college education.

watdaflock?

Nobody makes you work at UPS.

Hope this helps.