UPS Pay Progression SUCKS!

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I like the pay progression, weeds out the weaklings who can’t cut it. Most people these days want instant gratification you’re not entitled to higher pay until you show the company you’re willing to make a career out of the place. However the vacation progression blows at this place. Takes ten years to get a third week.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
OP should try working for 12.50 hr with no prospect of a raise. The progression is a goal I dont mind working for and I'm almost there.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
However the vacation progression blows at this place. Takes ten years to get a third week.

Depends on your supplement.

ARTICLE 16—VACATIONS

All employees who meet the eligibility rules herein set forth shall be entitled to a vacation with pay as follows:

One (1) Year ................................. One (1) Week
Two (2) Years ............................... Two (2) Weeks
Eight (8) Years ............................. Three (3) Weeks
Fifteen (15) Years ........................ Four (4) Weeks
Twenty (20) Years ........................ Five (5) Weeks
Twenty-five (25) Years ................. Six (6) Weeks

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

PT Car Washer

I like the pay progression, weeds out the weaklings who can’t cut it. Most people these days want instant gratification you’re not entitled to higher pay until you show the company you’re willing to make a career out of the place. However the vacation progression blows at this place. Takes ten years to get a third week.
When I started at UPS it was a 90 day progression to top pay. Both PT and FT. And PT and FT had similar wages. I believe drivers made about $.50/hr more then top PT. Is that what you mean by instant gratification?