UPS Pilots Complain About Shortage of Airplanes

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Pilots Complain About Shortage of Airplanes - Bloomberg
  • Aviators seek arbitration over use of third-party contractors
  • Courier says it needs more capacity while awaiting new planes
United Parcel Service Inc. was already in trouble with Wall Street over a long-term investment plan to cope with soaring e-commerce. Now the company is clashing with its pilots union because of a short-term fix for the same challenge.

Aviators are angry that UPS has turned to third-party cargo airlines to help make up for a shortage of aircraft capacity. Accusing UPS of years of poor planning and insufficient investment, the Independent Pilots Association has complained to an industry arbitrator that the courier is violating its labor contract by outsourcing flying that should be done by its own pilots.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think that as long as they are getting their maximum hours per month and none of them are laid off that they don't really have a leg to stand on.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I would think that as long as they are getting their maximum hours per month and none of them are laid off that they don't really have a leg to stand on.
Disagree
Ups is not staffing for vacations. Retirements. Or new volume. They are subcontracting bargaining unit work solely because it is cheaper.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
How about hiring new pilots to go along with the new planes?
You know first hand what happens when a shortage of members don’t pay into a pension fund.

Indecisi0n

Jumbo-08-june.gif