UPS recognized as the Company with Most Whiniest Employees

10 point

I believe that many of us complain because we expect our dispatch, DOLs and the attention to the details (correct airs loaded and load quality) to be priorities for management too. But often, they're not engaged. It's always up to the hourly to make milkshakes out of mud.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah...we have gripes. But I think that I take a lot for granted until I deliver to a house that has dirt floors and a kerosene heater.
That was my father for years (my parents were divorced when I was young). He built his house as he could afford it and didn't believe in mortgages. He went from a 12x12 shed that he converted into a "home" then built a foundation and moved that big shed on top of the foundation and capped the rest of the foundation. Then he continued to expand and build out the rest of the house as he had money. He had dirt floors on the bottom level for a couple years and used a wood stove/coleman lantern then later poured the concrete floor on that level. He now has a nice place with some beautiful woodwork/bow window with a cool starburst thing above it, etc. He eventually got running water, electricity, a computer, central heat, etc.

He chose a lifestyle than I probably couldn't take, but he never paid a penny in interest and hasn't made a mortgage payment.

Last edited:
Employees whining management about numbers??? We get paid by the hr. Those imaginary papers mean nothing to me. Make believe. It is a ploy to try to make us think it is really our numbers. It is how management is paid and receive the bonuses. When we meet certain numbers. For me, they don't make performance off of me.

You are behind the times with your thinking about management bonuses. I retired from driving 10 years ago and all the drivers in our center knew that management received their Christmas bonus based on their salary and not on our performance.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That was my father for years (my parents were divorced when I was young). He built his house as he could afford it and didn't believe in mortgages. He went from a 12x12 shed that he converted into a "home" then built a foundation and moved that big shed on top of the foundation and capped the rest of the foundation. Then he continued to expand and build out the rest of the house as he had money. He had dirt floors on the bottom level for a couple years and used a wood stove/coleman lantern then later poured the concrete floor on that level. He now has a nice place with some beautiful woodwork/bow window with a cool starburst thing above it, etc. He eventually got running water, electricity, a computer, central heat, etc.

He chose a lifestyle than I probably couldn't take, but he never paid a penny in interest and hasn't made a mortgage payment.
There is a middle ground where most responsible people find optimum levels of comfort.
Your Dad is at the opposite end of the spectrum from the people who are recognized with financial problems.

OPTION3

I wear mine in a pony tail most of the time ... especially in the hot months.
my-little-pony-stuff-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-24520392-896-891-2.jpg