UPS Seasonal Pay

Yozh69

Last year FedEx paid seasonal employees $20hr to sort and play jumper for drivers.

Anybody know what UPS is paying this year for seasonal employees?

km3

I don't know about package handlers, but helpers got $15 in my building last year. I bet it'll be the same this peak as well.

I didn't know FedEx had helpers. I saw plenty of FedEx trucks out on route last year, and not one of them had more than one person in it. Then again, those FedEx guys were stopping on the wrong side of the road, leaving the engine running during stops, and driving with the bulkhead door open, so who's to say there wasn't somebody back there when the vehicle was in motion too?

Yozh69

Yup. That is much more than they pay new drivers. Last year was the first year they had the jumpers, that I know of. There were some guys that showed for the AM sort, jumped, then the PM sort, making HUGE bucks for the 30 days they were there. Since I'm no longer with Express I figured I'd join the party this year unless UPS paid comparable bucks then I'd go there since they're closer to my house.

96Mystic

Jumpers make $8.50 in the southern region.
Inside starting wage is $10.

I was seasonal in the South in 2013 & 2014 and the first 2 weeks of 2015. The pay was always $8.50 except the last 2 checks for working in January of this year were $10.50. Not sure if it went up for 2015 or why the increase for those 2 checks.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know about package handlers, but helpers got $15 in my building last year. I bet it'll be the same this peak as well.

I didn't know FedEx had helpers. I saw plenty of FedEx trucks out on route last year, and not one of them had more than one person in it. Then again, those FedEx guys were stopping on the wrong side of the road, leaving the engine running during stops, and driving with the bulkhead door open, so who's to say there wasn't somebody back there when the vehicle was in motion too?

Hey-- That was me back in the day

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Since I'm no longer with Express I figured I'd join the party this year unless UPS paid comparable bucks then I'd go there since they're closer to my house.
Filthy Scab!

opjjefe.gif

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
They bumped our helper pay to starting part time rate.

I thought my center manager was gonna pee his pants from joy when he announced this because maybe we can get them to stay more than a week this year.