UPS Shares Tumble After An Ugly Earnings Report

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have had super light dispatches for the last few weeks, and everything has been warm and fuzzy and happy at work. We have taken to calling it the "summer of love." Something tells me that when I get back from vacation in 3 weeks the summer of love will have ended, the sky will be falling and the wolf will be at the door.
get on the 9.5 list,get paid 3 times for it then have a meeting with the Labor Manager and things will be SWEEEEET. trust me on this one

oldngray

nowhere special
Weebles.png

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I like the part that says that they are going to make improvements in Orion.

If UPS thinks that Orion is going to HELP at peak they are really off their rocker, if I try to follow Orion at Peak I will be working 14 to 18 hours per day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They said the big reason they missed is because of a 170 million one off charge for upgrades to prevent another fiasco during peak.

Umm....

Not quite.

"UPS Inc.’s second-quarter profit improved 4.5% to $1.12 billion, excluding a one-time pension charge, driven by revenue growth in all of its shipping segments.

Net income including the charge was $454 million, compared with $1.07 billion in last year’s second quarter."

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/base...utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter

-Bug-

brown metal coffin

Here's what's so funny. Profit goes up and stock goes down. Profit goes down and stock goes down. No matter what earnings are announced it always seems to go down that day. It also seems to me that the exact opposite happens with fedex. Total head scratcher.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Here's what's so funny. Profit goes up and stock goes down. Profit goes down and stock goes down. No matter what earnings are announced it always seems to go down that day. It also seems to me that the exact opposite happens with fedex. Total head scratcher.

Sent using BrownCafe App

A head scratcher is Amazon. Always loses money but the stock still goes up.