UPS Shooting - San Francisco (how can we help/donation thread)

nostrebor

The building I am located in wants to donate to the families of the tragic shootings in San Francisco. I looked up Go Fund Me pages but don't know how many are legitimate. I do know one page was pulled as it was fraudulent. I had a chance to speak with (presumably) my counterpart (OMS) at their building. They are waiting for news from UPS about the Official Donation info. My counterpart has my UPS email and will either call or email me once she receives the info from her center manager and I'll post it in this thread when I know. Until then, we're collecting donations from whomever can contribute in our building.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The building I am located in wants to donate to the families of the tragic shootings in San Francisco. I looked up Go Fund Me pages but don't know how many are legitimate. I do know one page was pulled as it was fraudulent. I had a chance to speak with (presumably) my counterpart (OMS) at their building. They are waiting for news from UPS about the Official Donation info. My counterpart has my UPS email and will either call or email me once she receives the info from her center manager and I'll post it in this thread when I know. Until then, we're collecting donations from whomever can contribute in our building.
You might want to run this by @cheryl first. She likes to verify these things first.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

You might want to run this by @cheryl first. She likes to verify these things first.

@cheryl Have you any info on this please?

I've got nothing on this. Sorry. Will post if and or when I do.

nostrebor

Here's a snippet from the Teamsters press release on the memorial fund
“The Teamsters Union will donate $50,000 to this fund in order to help the families during this difficult time,” said Jim Hoffa, Teamsters General President. “Our union mourns the loss our brothers to this senseless act of violence and stand ready to assist those they have left behind in any way we can.”

“We are encouraging our affiliates and our members to consider joining us in making a contribution to help the families who have been devastated by this terrible act,” said hall, Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer.

Donations should be sent to:

All Charities Teamsters
Memorial for W. Chan/M. Lefiti/B. Louie
c/o Teamsters Joint Council #7