Ups short Drivers

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I love how they cross check if you’re on vacation or not. No actually I just thought I’d text you I was on vacation to fack with you.

Then they say oh yeah you are ok. Yeah, I know, vacation was organized weeks ago, but thanks for pretending you’re in charge.

Why do you need to text them

They hold the vacation schedule

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We used to have a short driver that would tape about one inch of info-notices to the clutch, brake, and gas pedals in his P-500 so he could drive. He also had a special shifter handle.

TG43

I have to text everyday to see if I’m working.. is this a big no no?

It's fine. You are probably a cover driver. I am and have gotten texts for 4 years. Many of us do in our center.

IMO though, we are doing them a favor. We should all just show up to work. Then after we are on the clock, they can go through and tell the cover drivers what route they are on and move/ask full timers if they will move to another route etc.

barnyard

KTM rider
We are short drivers in our center. Mostly because they are forcing some to work preload, while others volunteer for a 4a start. Because they are starting so early, they go out lighter than normal. I suspect that this week, I will see some 9/5 penalty pay.

Nimnim

The Nim
Why would they be contacting you 2 hours before they want you to be there unless they knew you weren't going to be there and wanted the you to show up because their plan wasn't going to work?

I could understand a message after the start time to see if you were running late or something, but that early they knew and were hoping you would accommodate them.

Maplewood

Start times in my area are posted Friday for the entire following week. That's contractual. If you are scheduled to work you come in and get paid even if there is no work. If you are not scheduled to work then you file for unemployment that day or week. You are just helping to cover for unorganized and incompetent management if you call in every day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
64321D6D-E250-47D9-BFEA-626F23352562.gif
To all you ignorant drivers, cash in your vacation and let someone take that week that maybe they wanted.