UPS should reconsider Saturday ground delivery.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Serious answer. I don’t work Saturdays unless I choose to. And that is a very rare occurrence. So it is not about me but it is about our other brothers and sisters who are getting completely slaughtered. I don’t mind the company making money but not at the expense of peoples well being. In case you were unaware we are a union and it is incumbent upon us to care about our fellow union brothers and sisters. If you don’t, you may be the one in the idiot bubble.
During last contract negotiations, of which I was on our Local's negotiating committee, my Local Executive Board said at the beginning of negotiations that weekend operations is going to be a fact of life at UPS and there no reason why Full-Time Teamsters should not be doing the work wherever possible.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Had a supervisor right before I went on vacation during a pcm say word for word, “service to customers does not matter.” Noting that we need get off sooner.

quad decade guy

During last contract negotiations, of which I was on our Local's negotiating committee, my Local Executive Board said at the beginning of negotiations that weekend operations is going to be a fact of life at UPS and there no reason why Full-Time Teamsters should not be doing the work wherever possible.
I'm curious, did you take that message to your people? What did they have to say?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm curious, did you take that message to your people? What did they have to say?
Yes. I was at the General Membership meeting prior to the start of negotiations. Our Executive board informed everyone there of this and the asked for a show of hands who wanted to work the weekends.

Not one person raised their hands, I would estimate the meeting was probably 85% Package Car Drivers.

Our Executive Board then promised that they were 100% committed to seeing that Full-Time Teamsters delivered the weekend packages. They were not interested in creating part-time weekend delivery jobs.

But they also recognized that current Full-Time package car drivers were clearly not interested in working weekends.

The primary issues for the drivers were excess overtime and harassment.

I informed all my guys about what transpired at the meeting. They were generally supportive of their plan.

IMO That is how the 22.4 jobs came about and that is why we felt the 22.4 was a win and not a concession.

IMO A concession would have been part-time weekend delivery jobs delivering the weekend work.

Sorry for writing a book.

Yes. I was at the General Membership meeting prior to the start of negotiations. Our Executive board informed everyone there of this and the asked for a show of hands who wanted to work the weekends.

Not one person raised their hands, I would estimate the meeting was probably 85% Package Car Drivers.

Our Executive Board then promised that they were 100% committed to seeing that Full-Time Teamsters delivered the weekend packages. They were not interested in creating part-time weekend delivery jobs.

But they also recognized that current Full-Time package car drivers were clearly not interested in working weekends.

The primary issues for the drivers were excess overtime and harassment.

I informed all my guys about what transpired at the meeting. They were generally supportive of their plan.

IMO That is how the 22.4 jobs came about and that is why we felt the 22.4 was a win and not a concession.

IMO A concession would have been part-time weekend delivery jobs delivering the weekend work.

Sorry for writing a book.
The 22.4 was one of the biggest concessions ever to this company

One day at a time

As a former air driver, I always like how they'd relax commit times arbitrarily for this or that reason.

You know how many customers I had yell at me for being later than usual because of that?

Keeping the customer happy. That's definitely what UPS wants. Lol
We have late air every day. Their solution is get rid of the comit times instead of getting the air on time. You just can’t make this stuff up.