UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

rod

Retired 22 years
I received my offer, my monthly payout at retirement would be $278, buyout would be about $24K. I am 51, I do have a 401k at my current employer as does my wife at hers. My thoughts would be to take the buyout pay off bills, put some away for the kids and my savings and leave some for the IRS man in April. Thoughts?
The hell with the kids--buy a Harley

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I received my offer, my monthly payout at retirement would be $278, buyout would be about $24K. I am 51, I do have a 401k at my current employer as does my wife at hers. My thoughts would be to take the buyout pay off bills, put some away for the kids and my savings and leave some for the IRS man in April. Thoughts?
Take the buyout but don't spend any of it. Roll it into an IRA or 401K.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

take it to Vegas bet it all on the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl

you be rich come January

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
talk to a tax person unless it's legal to roll over to another retirement plan. if you get cash you will pay the tax man BIG time .

Gipsee

That is what I'm doing because I can't "Retire" until 2035 and the $423 a month then won't be worth much...plus I have a great retirement with my current employer. Do what's best for your family.

Shecoope

Got some good news so called the ups pension plan today they said that if you get direct deposit that funds will be direct deposited December 23

7bIpAGO4sJy4E.gif