UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

I still haven't received my DD either but when I called today they told me that it was sent in yesterday's batch so hoping it will be in there later today ...but since banks closed Monday...I'm thinking might not be in till Tuesday as out bank shows no pending DD as of right now..
.ugggh

Had to update section 5 sent NDA ,they received it Dec 5 ,processed package and set to BNY Mellon, said package was processed 18 Dec, just received DD on Friday 23 after 5 pm. Hope this information helps.

UPSandy36109

I received my payout, like everyone here by now. Herein lies the rub.
UPS, in it's infinite wisdom, sent me the entire, taxable, amount. This is after I directly instructed them to send 5K to my IRA and the rest to me. I called the 855 number. The lady told me to email [email protected] and say"I want to fill out a claim."
The check was sent snail mail and deposited in my bank. It was not via ACH transaction.
I received an email from UPS this afternoon and they said"We have asked Mellon to recall the check." How can they recall a check that wasn't an ACH deposit? Will I get a bill? Should I call my bank in the morning and inform them to not accept?
I'm kind of wigging here.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I received my payout, like everyone here by now. Herein lies the rub.
UPS, in it's infinite wisdom, sent me the entire, taxable, amount. This is after I directly instructed them to send 5K to my IRA and the rest to me. I called the 855 number. The lady told me to email [email protected] and say"I want to fill out a claim."
The check was sent snail mail and deposited in my bank. It was not via ACH transaction.
I received an email from UPS this afternoon and they said"We have asked Mellon to recall the check." How can they recall a check that wasn't an ACH deposit? Will I get a bill? Should I call my bank in the morning and inform them to not accept?
I'm kind of wigging here.
Just pre-pay at this point. Form is on line. in mail by Jan 15th no penalty for sure.
I pre-pay every quarter ... I'm not giving one-red-cent to this POS Central government before I have to.

The first time you "screw-up", the IRS does not normally fine you.
When I sold a lot of UPS stock and owed several hundred thousand in taxes, I did not pay until April 15th of the following year. I was not fined anything.
I wouldn't mess with UPS or Mellon at this point ... they'll just screw it up again.

Note: I am not a lawyer or financial advisor ... just passing on my experience(s).

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Just pre-pay at this point. Form is on line. in mail by Jan 15th no penalty for sure.
I pre-pay every quarter ... I'm not giving one-red-cent to this POS Central government before I have to.

When I sold a lot of UPS stock and owed several hundred thousand in taxes, I did not pay until April 15th of the following year. I was not fined anything.
I wouldn't mess with UPS or Mellon at this point ... they'll just screw it up again.

Note: I am not a lawyer or financial advisor ... just passing on my experience(s).
I sold a lot of stock and also owed several hundred dollars.

UPSandy36109

I'm assuming you're talking about pre-paying taxes. I'm not studying taxes right now as much as I am having a -$8,000 bank account if Mellon yanks back the deposit.
I'll be there promptly waiting on my bank to open the door tomorrow. ust wanted to know from anyone else if they could actually do that since it wasnt via ACH. It was such a large deposit, the bank put a three day hold on it to satisfy tgem it was a legit transaction. Could they really 'clawback' the check?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm assuming you're talking about pre-paying taxes. I'm not studying taxes right now as much as I am having a -$8,000 bank account if Mellon yanks back the deposit.
I'll be there promptly waiting on my bank to open the door tomorrow. ust wanted to know from anyone else if they could actually do that since it wasnt via ACH. It was such a large deposit, the bank put a three day hold on it to satisfy tgem it was a legit transaction. Could they really 'clawback' the check?
They, as anyone, can deny the check by putting a STOP on it but other than that, I am not aware of a way to.