UPS start times

I got a question for u,what's ur contribution to ur local and ur union or is complaining it.2nd question,did u show up at the original start time and if not why?this happens everywhere not just ur building not just ur preload.talk to ur buisness agent about being a steward get out there,get involved.did u talk to ur steward or buisness agent about the start time change if not why?

My contribution to the union is $63.00 a month. $200.00 initiation before the monthly payments. No I didn’t show up to work, only an idiot would. I’m paying a union to do everything you’ve stated. Again, I don’t pay people so I have to work. You sound like the Big Union fool and his bfs I’ve gotta get a package and my trip is cut.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My contribution to the union is $63.00 a month. $200.00 initiation before the monthly payments. No I didn’t show up to work, only an idiot would. I’m paying a union to do everything you’ve stated. Again, I don’t pay people so I have to work. You sound like the Big Union fool and his bfs I’ve gotta get a package and my trip is cut.

You sound like someone, that thinks the Union is some kind of babysitting service.

Grow up, and act like a man. If you don't know what to do.... I'll help you.

-Bug-

22.34life

$63 a month in dues?what's ur hourly rate?my sort changed start time a while back the actual day of,got a txt that morning said start time had been moved from 12:00 to 12:30 PM.i showed up at 12 and said find me something to do and they did.other people I found being turned away I went to the manager and said find them something to do and he did.same thing works if the times were vice versa.if ur start time was originally 4:00 am and they changed it to 3:00am should have showed up at 4:00 am.get a clue dude.

You sound like someone, that thinks the Union is some kind of babysitting service.

Grow up, and act like a man. If you don't know what to do.... I'll help you.

-Bug-

The Union isn’t a baby sitting service, however they should be around more than they are. The union does as little as possible. You’re hardly a man, just a big loudmouth. There’s nothing you could teach me...chump!

Future

Victory Ride
The only time these newbies wanna get involved with the union is when they get into trouble.
On the other side of the coin ...newer sups and CMs ....don’t have that drive 2 fire workers ...from what I have seen at least .... instead of sticking the knife in workers they go 2 bat for them ... some of the higher ups push a firing and they can’t do anything but did try

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
On the other side of the coin ...newer sups and CMs ....don’t have that drive 2 fire workers

It's the kinder, gentler, and more forgiving UPS.

:biggrin:

There are very few "old school" management people left.

And, what would be their motivation ? They aren't partners anymore.

some of the higher ups push a firing and they can’t do anything

Anyone less than a Region status.... is just another cog in the machine.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
UPS just notified me of my start time, 11 hours before start time. Tell me again how the union has no idea this is going on? Does it fly under the local(s) stewards? Or is there no 24 hour rule. The union likes to tell us, they don’t tell UPS how to operate.
U are a Union member. U need to do something about it. Grab your steward, tell him you want to file and ask for help on how to write out the grievance.

Ups tries to keep the stewards out. So unless you reach out to your steward, he or she probably has no idea what's going on.

For example. All 5 drivers around me yesterday received threatening messages on their diads about getting in under 9.5 hours. I received a message asking nicely asking if I needed help to be in under 9.5. Without a phone call from the other drivers, I would have no idea my supervisor violated the contract.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
UPS just notified me of my start time, 11 hours before start time. Tell me again how the union has no idea this is going on? Does it fly under the local(s) stewards? Or is there no 24 hour rule. The union likes to tell us, they don’t tell UPS how to operate.
In NE a change in start times need to be posted on a Monday to become affective the following Monday.

Jstpeachy

For someone that hates the union so much someone should remind him he chose a unionized company lol