UPS start times

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

I filed to get my initiation fees and my dues back. Lol I filed for a supervisor working for a whole month and got my whole dues payed right back in my account. Dont be a sucker!

2. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

I went to my union initiation meeting. To get sworn in. Unfortunately, I went to the hall and not the actual venue. Some of us are just dumb not really lazy. Lol

3. I don't think they do they anymore. It was a big deal at one time.
    Now the union is just a business

4. 35years

35years Well-Known Member

Why do they have your cell #?

5. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

Preload will get some respect when they stop misloading and dragging so much ass my start time is now 9:55 and I still don’t leave the building until at least 10:30 having to finish loading my own car.

6. That again sounds like another union failure. The union settled on $13.00. They struggle to find workers for a 3:30 am shifted start that advertises 4:15 and finishing at 9:00 am on an advertisement saying 8:15 finish time. PT employees are just that PT. The union thinks come Xmas peak everyone should drop their lives and work 8 hour days. People who want 8 hour days are called full time. The union could have got $16.00 an hour for PT and they may still struggle with 3:30am start times.

7. In a couple of years you'll be over $16 an hour

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. That’s great. For two years you guys can leave at 9:55am. I get no flack for late air.

9. I'm paid by the hour. That $55 an hour overtime really adds up

10. rudy5150

rudy5150 Active Member

Our preload is running 800pph more now than it was 8-10 yrs ago. Meanwhile the start times have remained very similar to the past. It's balls to the wall everyday with still no chance of finishing on time because we aren't given enough time to get the job done. Management could solve the problem and start us earlier but that would hurt their numbers so they refuse to do so. Stop blaming the part timers, they get paid peanuts and work very hard every day.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  11. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

They are also disposable

12. rudy5150

rudy5150 Active Member

So are drivers!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

So are all UPS employees.

14. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown Active Member

Wow, I wonder what on earth could possibly explain why your local isn't doing well like the good ol' days anymore.
    Maybe it's because most people are conscientious and don't want to be a part of your thug mafia racket?

15. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

source-2.gif

16. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Deregulation of the trucking industry in the early 1980's.

I'm sure you weren't even born yet.

You must be new to management or RTW....

17. PT Car Washer

Another republican plan to make the rich richer at the expense of the working man.

18. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Right now.... the Democrat's are awash with blithering idiots.

It's so sad to see.

19. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Lol.

20. PT Car Washer

Right now the Democrats could nominate a ham sandwich for president and it would win.