UPS start times

Heffalump

And fyi I filed a grievance asking for the entire sort to be paid plus 30 minutes for the gutless ones like u.
My contribution to the union is $63.00 a month. $200.00 initiation before the monthly payments. No I didn’t show up to work, only an idiot would. I’m paying a union to do everything you’ve stated. Again, I don’t pay people so I have to work. You sound like the Big Union fool and his bfs I’ve gotta get a package and my trip is cut.
I filed to get my initiation fees and my dues back. Lol I filed for a supervisor working for a whole month and got my whole dues payed right back in my account. Dont be a sucker!

35years

Gravy route
$63 a month in dues?what's ur hourly rate?my sort changed start time a while back the actual day of,got a txt that morning said start time had been moved from 12:00 to 12:30 PM.i showed up at 12 and said find me something to do and they did.other people I found being turned away I went to the manager and said find them something to do and he did.same thing works if the times were vice versa.if ur start time was originally 4:00 am and they changed it to 3:00am should have showed up at 4:00 am.get a clue dude.
Why do they have your cell #?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Ok I got it, it’s another case of the union not giving preload any respect. Part-timers pay union dues too. I have another full time job. The union is weak!
Preload will get some respect when they stop misloading and dragging so much ass my start time is now 9:55 and I still don’t leave the building until at least 10:30 having to finish loading my own car.

That again sounds like another union failure. The union settled on $13.00. They struggle to find workers for a 3:30 am shifted start that advertises 4:15 and finishing at 9:00 am on an advertisement saying 8:15 finish time. PT employees are just that PT. The union thinks come Xmas peak everyone should drop their lives and work 8 hour days. People who want 8 hour days are called full time. The union could have got $16.00 an hour for PT and they may still struggle with 3:30am start times.

That again sounds like another union failure. The union settled on $13.00. They struggle to find workers for a 3:30 am shifted start that advertises 4:15 and finishing at 9:00 am on an advertisement saying 8:15 finish time. PT employees are just that PT. The union thinks come Xmas peak everyone should drop their lives and work 8 hour days. People who want 8 hour days are called full time. The union could have got $16.00 an hour for PT and they may still struggle with 3:30am start times.
In a couple of years you'll be over $16 an hour

rudy5150

Preload will get some respect when they stop misloading and dragging so much ass my start time is now 9:55 and I still don’t leave the building until at least 10:30 having to finish loading my own car.
Our preload is running 800pph more now than it was 8-10 yrs ago. Meanwhile the start times have remained very similar to the past. It's balls to the wall everyday with still no chance of finishing on time because we aren't given enough time to get the job done. Management could solve the problem and start us earlier but that would hurt their numbers so they refuse to do so. Stop blaming the part timers, they get paid peanuts and work very hard every day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Our preload is running 800pph more now than it was 8-10 yrs ago. Meanwhile the start times have remained very similar to the past. It's balls to the wall everyday with still no chance of finishing on time because we aren't given enough time to get the job done. Management could solve the problem and start us earlier but that would hurt their numbers so they refuse to do so. Stop blaming the part timers, they get paid peanuts and work very hard every day.

They are also disposable

BiggieBrown

At one point, my Local had 75+ Unionized freight company's.

We have 4 now.

And, we don't have monthly meetings anymore.... only quarterly. (the minimum)

Q: How many Teamsters does it take to change a light bulb ?

A: 10

You gotta a problem with that?

Wow, I wonder what on earth could possibly explain why your local isn't doing well like the good ol' days anymore.
Maybe it's because most people are conscientious and don't want to be a part of your thug mafia racket?

542thruNthru

Wow, I wonder what on earth could possibly explain why your local isn't doing well like the good ol' days anymore.
Maybe it's because most people are conscientious and don't want to be a part of your thug mafia racket?

source-2.gif