UPS stock options

UPSmechanicinblue

I can't remember the exact rate but I do remember think that it wasn't nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.
They wanted to know what I paid on each separate share so they could charge me the capital gains tax. I couldn't find that info being I didnt say my monthly stubs the send each quarter. We took an average, it wasnt enough the first couple times. Then on top of the tax taking it out I was charged again now being it was income tax.

I sold stock 3 times since the spring of 2000. Easy peasy. Statements show all cost basis. And all taxed when claimed as income on 1040, at capital gains tax rate.

They wanted to know what I paid on each separate share so they could charge me the capital gains tax. I couldn't find that info being I didnt say my monthly stubs the send each quarter. We took an average, it wasnt enough the first couple times. Then on top of the tax taking it out I was charged again now being it was income tax.
Who is they?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think he's aware of the split. Post split, AAPL is still up 21%.

I am very much aware of the split.

Carl Icahn predicted an after split high of $210.

I have a sell order in for 730 shares @ $120/share.

Any of you sell any stock yet? I did and it was a nightmare- I sold around 8K worth a few years back. I didnt save my all my stock info over the years. I couldnt find what I paid for each share on line so they took an average on the gains on all shares sold. I felt it was a total waist. I dont have exact figures but I had to send the IRS money 3 times before they where happy.

Those "exact figures" are crucial as they are used to determine your cost basis.

wasnt it taxed on the extreme side though?

Capital gains taxes are between 15-20%.

BrownChoice

I invest in ups stock(remember we get the 5% discount, AND the dividends.)

And I put 12% into 401k.

Pension

I also pay into a Roth IRA Every year.

Do NOT KEEP ALL YOUR EGGS IN 1 Basket..

Hell i have even been thinking of putting money into an annuity.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I invest in ups stock(remember we get the 5% discount, AND the dividends.)

And I put 12% into 401k.

Pension

I also pay into a Roth IRA Every year.

Do NOT KEEP ALL YOUR EGGS IN 1 Basket..

Hell i have even been thinking of putting money into an annuity.

UPS stock used to be more appealing when we got 10% off of the lowest price in that quarter.