UPS Stock

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Fourth quarter is usually when UPS has its charges so the experts should expect that every year. The UPS spokesman sounding clueless about what happened doesn't help much either.
Read the article Cheryl posted. The CEO says we hired a lot of people to ensure good service but that service comes at a price.

It's the only article I have read so far that has that quote. The rest make it look like we really tanked.

brown metal coffin

When they mentioned that they were going to hire 90,000 people and open all these buildings I knew it was going to be expensive and there was going to be some big charges in the fourth quarter; but damn I didn't expect this. It will come back though.

oldngray

nowhere special
But didn't they claim how great things were going to be with the new amazing ORION that has packages practically delivering themselves?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
They need to make changes up above. Right now they will keep the stops per car up. Thinking that will be what needs to be done. When it's the opposite. They will never think of that though

Brownslave688

They need to make changes up above. Right now they will keep the stops per car up. Thinking that will be what needs to be done. When it's the opposite. They will never think of that though

My center team got the memo. Do more with less.

Looks like I'm over 11 again today and half the center was in the red.

Last edited:

3 done 3 to go

See
My center team got the memo. Do less with more.

Looks like I'm over 11 again today and half the center was in the red.

See! They made the fleets efficient. Now they need to use the technology. Not beat us to death. How can they make money with ot and more 9.5's. Endless cycle

Brownslave688

See

See! They made the fleets efficient. Now they need to use the technology. Not beat us to death. How can they make money with ot and more 9.5's. Endless cycle

The fleet may be efficient but I'm sure as hell not. Not at the end of a week with multiple 11 hour days. Not when at 13:30 I still can't walk throught my truck. Not when I'm delivering to 3 separate towns all 10 miles apart. Not when my split in my 8000 section (that'll I be delivering after dark) is in a town I've only heard of but never delivered in.

The fleet may be efficient but I'm sure as hell not. Not at the end of a week with multiple 11 hour days. Not when at 13:30 I still can't walk throught my truck. Not when I'm delivering to 3 separate towns all 10 miles apart. Not when my split in my 8000 section (that'll I be delivering after dark) is in a town I've only heard of but never delivered in.
Well! Quit posting and start delivering.:-)

3 done 3 to go

Yes. That sounds like an awful dispatch. Be safe. Kick em in the nuts

Brownslave688

You know it's funny they never really learn. They load everyone up hoping they run run run to get off early.

Load me up and I'm gonna stick it to you. And I may be the exception on this one but load my ass up on Friday. Well I'm gonna kick you in the nuts as close to Saturday as I can.

Returntosender

The issue demonstrates the increasing complexity of predicting demand spikes due to the expansion of e-commerce. For example, last year, consumers and retailers were left disappointed as UPS' operations were hit by severe winter weather and unexpected surges in peak demand from e-commerce. This year, UPS overinvested and shareholders are now paying the price.
Unfortunately, the bad news doesn't stop there. Management also estimated that currency headwinds and increased pension expenses would lead to 2015 diluted EPS coming in at "slightly less" than its target of 9%-13%.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/01/23/why-united-parcel-service-stock-crashed-today.aspx

brown metal coffin

I'm betting that a lot of these leased buildings that are still open will start to close until next peak at least to save money. Therefore jamming us all back I to one inefficiently and congested building. Endless cycle.

clean hairy

Good! Maybe we will get our Friday after thanksgiving back. Don't worry guys it's the drivers fault. No matter
It would be interesting to see how much earnings were down, and how much they paid everone extra for the day after Thanksgiving.
Wonder if they might have greater earnings if we had NOT worked the day after Thanksgiving?

RealPerson

Monday expect more stops, and less time to do it in....
We were already told layoffs due to high PPH coming down from upper!
Ehhh it's UPS same story, different year..