UPS taking my union dues three weeks straight!!!

GoLouisvilleCards

I started working at UPS near the end of August i already payed my union initiation fees but now i have started paying union dues. I have paid union dues three weeks in a row now. When will these old union dues be paid off is my question because it seems never ending?

Nimnim

The Nim
As long as you're employed and in the union the dues will be taken.

I really hope this is a joke though.
th_015_orz-v2.gif

GoLouisvilleCards

I know they will be taken every month but they are taking them every week for three weeks straight. I was wondering when they stopped taking them every week?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I started working at UPS near the end of August i already payed my union initiation fees but now i have started paying union dues. I have paid union dues three weeks in a row now. When will these old union dues be paid off is my question because it seems never ending?
Any chance you owe back dues and that's the reason why they took out dues 3 weeks in a row?

upschuck

Here, they take them out 4 weeks every month at a 1/4 of the rate. If they are taking out more than that, call your local and ask them.

PS We must be in a good mood today, we are taking it easy on you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Here, they take them out 4 weeks every month at a 1/4 of the rate. If they are taking out more than that, call your local and ask them.

PS We must be in a good mood today we are taking it easy on you.
Really? Here, dues come out of the 2nd paycheck of the month.

J

jibbs

People were saying they'd rather have $20+/month taken out 4 times than $80+ once. They liked the more consistent paychecks.

Holy....

Drivers cough up a lot in dues. I pay $26 once a month.

The dues don't hurt my pockets much, but that initiation fee was a mother :censored2:ing bitch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Holy....

Drivers cough up a lot in dues. I pay $26 once a month.

The dues don't hurt my pockets much, but that initiation fee was a mother :censored2:ing bitch.

Yeah $85 isn't a ton but it's enough that you definitely notice it when you look at the check.

UPSGUY72

I pay $91 a month taken out the first pay check of the month.

I'm thinking that they are taken out the OP initiation fees every week and one week they take out the OP union dues instead of initiation fees..

J

jibbs

Ask your steward what the initiation fees go towards compared to the normal Union fees.

I tried finding out and nobody seems to know.

I chalked it up to an initial membership fee, like at a BJs or Sam's Club if you're familiar with wholesale stores like that. Pay that large initial fee to become a member, and then continue to pay smaller, less substantial sums at regular intervals to maintain your membership.

That's just the typical BS I always figure about initiation fees for any kind of thing. They found a cash cow and learned how to milk it, is all.

I'm thinking that they are taken out the OP initiation fees every week and one week they take out the OP union dues instead of initiation fees..

Yep, yep, if I remember correctly I had to pay retroactive initiation dues every week until I was caught up to the couple hundred that it was (I'm think $250 for some reason?). $50 out of every paycheck, including the second week of the month where they also were taking out dues.

It was pretty :censored2:ty, tbh. I had a manager that super looked out for me when that happened, though, and that was awesome. Dude definitely earned a loyal employee for life after that BS. That doesn't apply to all the supes I work with/for, though, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol

I know they will be taken every month but they are taking them every week for three weeks straight. I was wondering when they stopped taking them every week?
This happened to me also! They took two weeks worth of dues. If it happens again. Watch.

Last edited: