UPS Teleconfrence Sunday

browned out

I am confident that UPS will clarify many of the issues that the union has been unwilling to or unable to answer thus far.

It is of the utmost importance that ups and the union are being forthright and not misleading in their explanation of the new contract.

The following should all be explained in detail.

If addressing overtime is such a Paramount issue, why isn't the overtime being offered on a voluntary basis? Why aren't the 22.4 eligible for the 9.5 list? The 22.4s deserve to be afforded quality time with their families as well. And the vast majority of package car drivers do not mind over time.

Why do 224s have a right to 40 hours guaranteed while full-time package car drivers only have a right to 40 hours if work is available?

Does a RPCD who is laid off or who has not reached their 40 hours have the right to bump a 22.4 from Saturday and Sunday work?

In my Center all of the full-time package car drivers are Monday through Friday drivers. Does that mean that all 60 drivers positions are protected?

Can UPS please post, address at PCMS, and via DIAD messages after August 1st but before the contract vote what the actual number of protected drivers will be per Center and what the maximum # is for 25% of 22.4 drivers will be per center?

It should be clarified to the part-timers that if they sign up for one of the new full-time jobs they will not be allowed any excessive overtime protection for the first 5 years. And that they will be subject to mandatory overtime have up to 60 or possibly 70 hours per week. Most part-timers have no clue on what they are signing up for in this needs to be explained to them.

I am sure there are many other questions that can be easily answered on this conference call. I did not see anywhere where I could address these questions on the UPSers. Com website.

I am confident that UPS will clarify many of the issues that the union has been unwilling to or unable to answer thus far.

It is of the utmost importance that ups and the union are being forthright and not misleading in their explanation of the new contract.

The following should all be explained in detail.

If addressing overtime is such a Paramount issue, why isn't the overtime being offered on a voluntary basis? Why aren't the 22.4 eligible for the 9.5 list? The 22.4s deserve to be afforded quality time with their families as well. And the vast majority of package car drivers do not mind over time.

Why do 224s have a right to 40 hours guaranteed while full-time package car drivers only have a right to 40 hours if work is available?

Does a RPCD who is laid off or who has not reached their 40 hours have the right to bump a 22.4 from Saturday and Sunday work?

In my Center all of the full-time package car drivers are Monday through Friday drivers. Does that mean that all 60 drivers positions are protected?

Can UPS please post, address at PCMS, and via DIAD messages after August 1st but before the contract vote what the actual number of protected drivers will be per Center and what the maximum # is for 25% of 22.4 drivers will be per center?

It should be clarified to the part-timers that if they sign up for one of the new full-time jobs they will not be allowed any excessive overtime protection for the first 5 years. And that they will be subject to mandatory overtime have up to 60 or possibly 70 hours per week. Most part-timers have no clue on what they are signing up for in this needs to be explained to them.

I am sure there are many other questions that can be easily answered on this conference call. I did not see anywhere where I could address these questions on the UPSers. Com website.
Those are the exact reasons I can't vote Yes .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep. They announced it on UPSers and everyone with a current phone number in GEMS with be auto dialed before 5:00 PM EST Sunday.
Omg... like this company has a track record of being honest and forthright with things.... so they are willing to state their stance on issues and have us record them so we can use it back against the company when they go rogue on everything they stated on this call ... brilliant....

The Real Jack RyanMI6

This is insane.... the backlash against this contract must be bigger than any of us thought...
I agree and i would also add the stakes have never been higher for the company. The 22.4 driver is a key part of the future initiatives UPS has instore for our futures and are currently rolling out. They have committed to wall street investors

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree and i would also add the stakes have never been higher for the company. The 22.4 driver is a key part of the future initiatives UPS has instore for our futures and are currently rolling out. They have committed to wall street investors
To be fair they use pt drivers across the country at 18.00 an hour with no pensions and such.... there are just a lot of things in the contract that need addressed...