Ups tender position

j1one

It's a recent change with this contract. No more skilled positions. It used to be if you went to a position that was skilled you got a $1 raise. Not anymore.

Ok i see what you mean.
So what do y’all recommend stick it out as a loader until a driver position opens up.( which i know takes time)

542thruNthru

Ok i see what you mean.
So what do y’all recommend stick it out as a loader until a driver position opens up.( which i know takes time)

See what the position really is and see if you like it. If you don't stay a loader till you find something better.

unless the FT sup is lying to me lol that is what he told me
They want you to go to a position that drivers usually on decreased work by doctors orders fulfill because you’re great at preloading? Yeah your sup lied to you, you probably just passed your probation period too so they can’t “just fire you” any more.

Not trying to to sound pompous, but if you’re good at preloading, they’ll reward you with an extra truck or add a route that’s full of apartments. Not give you easier work.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Ok i see what you mean.
No
Load until you feel like you have the hang of it, and you know what driving entails, for me this took like 2 years to really grasp. But if the wait is longer than that than I would jump ship on preloading and do the easy chit. preload and unload are probably the two worst positions here. Very likely because they serve as the direct "input" and "output" of the operation so it is just very stressful.
This is what I will do in just a few short weeks if signing both the driver and 22.4 list this year does not get me in. Change to topslide or sorting or maybe even the irreg carts.

Package Stick

"Send it."
No
Load until you feel like you have the hang of it, and you know what driving entails, for me this took like 2 years to really grasp. But if the wait is longer than that than I would jump ship on preloading and do the easy chit. preload and unload are probably the two worst positions here. Very likely because they serve as the direct "input" and "output" of the operation so it is just very stressful.
This is what I will do in just a few short weeks if signing both the driver and 22.4 list this year does not get me in. Change to topslide or sorting or maybe even the irreg carts.
Unloading is easy, just work at a safe pace. This peak I worked with a preloader who would grab a package every 8-15 seconds, it took the both of us 2 1/2 hours to unload a long box lol, I matched his pace. The easiest week I've ever had.