UPS to deploy RFIDs through 100 facilities this year

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You can scan them now. BUT you'll notice on the bar code there is an extra digit. trailer 321123 will have another smaller digit off to the right. Say its a two. It will scan as UPST321123 2 and will not inbound or outbound correctly. You could edit it and delete but its just as easy to input the number at this point.

“Dispatch” ?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Drivers are such morons in the morning Insisting that you've been stacking out all day (no, just the last 10 minutes when you showed up) and all items must be on the correct shelf number as if I have a magic singularity I can rely on to compress things into. You'd think almost a decade in and driving for a few years they would smarten up but the old folks are dishing out the same crap.
My only guess at this point is, unless you can break into the office and whip out an alpha chart and use it all day, there's no breaking this "look down upon" attitude.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They rolled out the new RFID labels in my center earlier this year (at least I think, they've changed the methods for sure and there's new tech in the trucks, the loaders don't have scanners anymore, etc etc)... it's uhhh... it's not the worst, I guess...

The only problem is that the sort gets out-of-sync and next thing you know 100s of packages are loaded onto the wrong cars, and the new scanner things that the supes use don't register a misload because it has a label matching the truck that the package is in-- only problem is that the label doesn't match the package.

Then you come in the next day and are told you have to peel the labels of out-of-sync packages (right after you deliver them, of course) and stick them onto this special piece of paper to hand in at the end of the day, which goes to the preload manager so they "can figure out where the system's failing."

If they can figure out how to get the right labels on the right packages then it'll be gravy. I don't think they will, though.
That's exactly what happened with pal labels.

ManInBrown

I’d gladly be happy to get rid of preload. Sick of the 90 minutes of OT everyday running misloads.
Misloads are easy Money. I had a center manager who made us deliver everything. Didn’t matter where it was within reason. I remember a handful of times being directed to break off in early afternoon to drive 45 minutes each way to deliver a business stop. It was like she was trying to make a point. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. No problem cover all my pickups and plan on sending me help to take 25 at the end of the night.

Talking to drivers in the other center from my building they would laugh when we told them. Said next route over was sheeted missed. Some center managers just get a bug up their arse. But then it’s funny how at peak no misloads ever had to be delivered. Same center manager.

bumped

Drivers are such morons in the morning Insisting that you've been stacking out all day (no, just the last 10 minutes when you showed up) and all items must be on the correct shelf number as if I have a magic singularity I can rely on to compress things into. You'd think almost a decade in and driving for a few years they would smarten up but the old folks are dishing out the same crap.
My only guess at this point is, unless you can break into the office and whip out an alpha chart and use it all day, there's no breaking this "look down upon" attitude.
I just tell my loader if possible, get my 1000 shelf perfect and my dump stops as good as he can. I can figure out the rest as I make more room.

Superteeth2478

We just got new IVISs at meanj with built in scanners. Next contract there will be hybrid feeder drivers. Instead of waiting in your tractor for the load to be ready you’ll be in the trailer scanning packages. Must-save-money.
Hybrid feeder drivers, as in they run in part on electricity like Terminators? That's scary.

ToteHoarder

Misloads are easy Money. I had a center manager who made us deliver everything. Didn’t matter where it was within reason. I remember a handful of times being directed to break off in early afternoon to drive 45 minutes each way to deliver a business stop. It was like she was trying to make a point. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. No problem cover all my pickups and plan on sending me help to take 25 at the end of the night.

Talking to drivers in the other center from my building they would laugh when we told them. Said next route over was sheeted missed. Some center managers just get a bug up their arse. But then it’s funny how at peak no misloads ever had to be delivered. Same center manager.
Honestly that’s good management. We are here to provide a service after all. That’s the way I do it even if the sups are quiet. If you don’t give them a reason, they don’t have to say much.

A lot of management and drivers get let go for fudging around.

Thebrownblob

They rolled out the new RFID labels in my center earlier this year (at least I think, they've changed the methods for sure and there's new tech in the trucks, the loaders don't have scanners anymore, etc etc)... it's uhhh... it's not the worst, I guess...

The only problem is that the sort gets out-of-sync and next thing you know 100s of packages are loaded onto the wrong cars, and the new scanner things that the supes use don't register a misload because it has a label matching the truck that the package is in-- only problem is that the label doesn't match the package.

Then you come in the next day and are told you have to peel the labels of out-of-sync packages (right after you deliver them, of course) and stick them onto this special piece of paper to hand in at the end of the day, which goes to the preload manager so they "can figure out where the system's failing."

If they can figure out how to get the right labels on the right packages then it'll be gravy. I don't think they will, though.
Making a simple and easily fixed problem into a complicated bunch of nonsense. typical UPS.

When I started a Preloader had a chart with every street and address on the back of the truck, and I had fewer misloads then.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Making a simple and easily fixed problem into a complicated bunch of nonsense. typical UPS.

When I started a Preloader had a chart with every street and address on the back of the truck, and I had fewer misloads then.
Racist ass
Only-a-quarter-of-Chicago-11th-graders-are-proficient.png