UPS truck and FED-X truck crash

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Welcome SALTY, and wow, now thats a tragedy. Hope everyone is OK, hope the driver at fault learns something. I just find it hard to believe you could go to work impaired:confused:1

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I just don't get it too! These vehicles aren't made for speed and you can see FDX from a mile away. Somebody HAD to be drunk.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't see how anyone could do this job while they are high or drunk. Especially in the heat. This guy should be canned for good. No re-hab. Not arbitration. Nothing. Someone could have died. I say the guy missed his window for going to rehab a long time ago.

HazMatMan

Yeah, i'd say he gets :censored2: canned. One question, can the Fed-Ex driver sue?? What would you people do?? I got reamed on here once talking about suing (for posting my opinion) Let's get some opinions now......

Last edited:

jlphotog

I agree with what has been said already. And I sure hope both drivers come out of this without any lasting injuries.

Now, having said that, I would love to be in on the meeting between UPS and FedEx' lawyers.

Dutch Dawg

Itsays he was under teh influence and that they had found druga and paraphenelia in the vehicle.

You must have found another article covering this. When I went to the link above it stated DUI charges were a possibility pending lab results due to the discover of 'assorted pills and drug paraphernalia...' unless I read the article to rapidly I never saw anything about him obviously being under the influence.

tups

Well even if the driver wasn't under the influence, or had drugs in his bag, that driver obviously shouldn't be behind the wheel of one of our trucks. If he was going fast enough to flip a FDX truck when he rear ended it, he most likely wasn't following good driving habits that he should have known and adhered to.

Overpaid Union Thug

In the end I'm sure the guy will get his job back. It wouldn't surprise me anyway. It's sad because there are thousands of part-timers waiting for full-time jobs, including me, and we are having to wait behind a guy like that? I actually feel for the RPS guy. It'll be a long road to travel to get him back the road. Especially being a "contractor" and all that.

maybrown

is not a woman
Just wonder why police doesn't have blood testing for alcohol. I don't think they don't have enough evidence to charge the UPS driver.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Actually, you are wrong. They did and do have testing proceedures in place to catch someone on drugs while driving. In this case, the tests came back with more than enough evidence to prove DUI and then some. Couple that with what was found in the bag, and the case was made. Right now, might be looking at jail time.

He is also now not a UPS employee any longer. He quit.

The fedex driver was back at work within a few days. She was very lucky, as she did not have her seat belt on. She shoulda been killed.

There was no reason for him not to have seen her, straight road, four lanes, she had pulled out from one stop and was increasing her speed.

HE never hit the brakes until after the impact.

This is a good reason for those of you that dont, to really understand, wearing your seatbelt will save your life when you least expect it. She was very very lucky. And betting on luck is a loosers bet.

wkmac

Actually, you are wrong. They did and do have testing proceedures in place to catch someone on drugs while driving. In this case, the tests came back with more than enough evidence to prove DUI and then some. Couple that with what was found in the bag, and the case was made. Right now, might be looking at jail time.

He is also now not a UPS employee any longer. He quit.

The fedex driver was back at work within a few days. She was very lucky, as she did not have her seat belt on. She shoulda been killed.

There was no reason for him not to have seen her, straight road, four lanes, she had pulled out from one stop and was increasing her speed.

HE never hit the brakes until after the impact.

This is a good reason for those of you that dont, to really understand, wearing your seatbelt will save your life when you least expect it. She was very very lucky. And betting on luck is a loosers bet.

HEY DANNYBOY!:clap:

Hope the good life (no UPS) is doing well. Good to hear from you and just wanted to say hello and best wishes.

mac

Sammie

There are so many reasons that this could have happened. The UPS guy could have been sleepy or tired. Or stoned. It does happen, unfortunately. Or reaching down for something on the floor. But due to the impact, I'm thinking on the lines of road rage maybe? Don't you just love it when you see some bu##head out there get annoyed if someone overtakes him and then act stupid in retaliation, like overtaking the offending car and driving dangerously close.

IMO, if anyone is found driving that recklessly or fails the breath analyzer test, confiscate their license permanently and let them rot in a cell for a year or two. With no second chance. Period. Think of the lives that would be saved. We're far too lenient with these types of offenders.

And I mean no offense here, but this just furthers my theory that men are far more dangerous out on the road than women...

A

Anonymous 2u

I knew of a few drivers who went out on road and bummped up...idiots i tell ya