UPS truck hijacked on Cleveland's East Side

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
When entering a bank, quick mart etc, "keep your eyes ahead of your work" by looking towards the counter before walking in. Never know what could be happening at the time.[/QUOTE]
About 10 years ago I had just left a bank after making a delivery when I heard police sirens. I had already left the parking lot and did not see where the cops where going. 5 minutes later a cruiser pulled up behind me. They figured I may have been a potential witness to the bank robbery. Of course I never wait in line(that sense of urgency thing)so I wasn't any help to recall who was there. That was a wake call for me.

magoo57

I have a related question of the drivers reading this thread: Does your center still allow customers to meet the driver? Our center , for at least Peak, is forbidding any of the centers to arrange 'meets' between customers and drivers. Unless the customer is known by the driver, I have to agree with this new policy.

poozer2000

Dont you all think its about time that guns were banned? nobody needs to have one exept the police and the army and possibly farmers
:peaceful:

FromBluetoBrown

Dont you all think its about time that guns were banned? nobody needs to have one exept the police and the army and possibly farmers
:peaceful:

I disagree, I used to live in a real bad part of Norfolk when I was in the Navy and I can say the one sound a thief in your home never wants to hear while he is in your house is the sound of a shotgun being cocked. And like a driver told me right after the Tech shootings "If one bystander in those dorms had been carrying a gun it would have been over before it started". Now I will admit I don't see a reason why someone should own any sort of automatic weapon or have a bazooka in their shed. I don't however see why a normal person can't keep a firearm for their and their family's protection. I keep a Mossberg 500 shotgun (unloaded) in my closet under lock and key. I have a 9mm Beretta in my truck under the driver's seat (which I am registered and licensed to carry concealed) and I have a 30.06 rifle for deer hunting also unloaded and kept in my closet under lock and key. My night job is a manager at McDonalds and sometimes I have to make deposits at the bank so at 1-2am I am driving my personal vehicle with large amounts of cash and I feel very vulnerable am I not entitled to some sort of protection?

over9five

Staff member
"am I not entitled to some sort of protection?"

Yes you are! Self protection is your God given right. It is sad that some people will just give that away.

The police are not required to protect you, and in fact usually arrive after the fact (in time to draw the chalk line around your dead body). They're also good for writing reports about your demise.

Does anyone really believe that criminals will turn in their guns if guns are banned? Gun control ONLY affects the law-abiding. States with "Shall issue" laws have less crime. Check the FBI website for figures.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
i'm sure the gestapo had lots of ??? for the driver who was hi/jacked. like the cops looking at a dead wife or missing teen asking the husband or father!! they were on him like a fly on a burger!!!!!! also tazers would be useful on those annoying customers ''hot enough for ya''!!! zap
could you put it over there?? zap
do you know my friends son's girlfriends brother in law? he worked for ups in[any center usa] zaaaap!!!!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have a related question of the drivers reading this thread: Does your center still allow customers to meet the driver? Our center , for at least Peak, is forbidding any of the centers to arrange 'meets' between customers and drivers. Unless the customer is known by the driver, I have to agree with this new policy.
I think we quit doing it.
About a month ago, my Oms set up a meet for a guy to get his pkgs, until I said it is a cod for 11K, it is a bad add. On my way to the meet point, I got a ODS not to go. Next stop I am met by Police and DEA, and I do not yet know why. They ask me what I want, and I say "I didnt call you" My boss tells me the guy who wants his boxes has bogus money orders, I still dont know how they knew.
My boss tells me to have the cops bring the pkgs, to UPS. The cop says, does my car look BROWN, tell him to come get his own pkgs.
So for my safety they gave me a rider , a sup, who was scared to death in the area, I dumped him at 3 Pm.
Great communications, all around. especially when the OMS told the consignee, my name, aka She will meet you at X. OMS denies mentioning "she or my name" but yet the consignee knew my name. What a safety issue.

FromBluetoBrown

About a month ago, my Oms set up a meet for a guy to get his pkgs, until I said it is a cod for 11K, it is a bad add. On my way to the meet point, I got a ODS not to go. Next stop I am met by Police and DEA, and I do not yet know why. They ask me what I want, and I say "I didnt call you" My boss tells me the guy who wants his boxes has bogus money orders, I still dont know how they knew.
My boss tells me to have the cops bring the pkgs, to UPS. The cop says, does my car look BROWN, tell him to come get his own pkgs.
So for my safety they gave me a rider , a sup, who was scared to death in the area, I dumped him at 3 Pm.
Great communications, all around. especially when the OMS told the consignee, my name, aka She will meet you at X. OMS denies mentioning "she or my name" but yet the consignee knew my name. What a safety issue.

So what happened to the boxes?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

If UPS did, its in the last year. Last Peak, I was helping on a route near home when a customer came jogging up to the car, asking if we had X street. I shook my head in the negative and told her we didn't. I looked at my driver and told her I knew the driver on the route and had his cell number. She had a sig-required delivery (wine, I think) on its 3rd attempt. I called him from my cell and she spoke to him. It turned out that he was a few streets over from her house but would be there in X time. She was able to get home in time to sign for it. I saw the driver a couple days later and he asked if I'd given my cell to the customer to call him. I confirmed I had and asked if he minded. He vehemently shook his head and said, "No, not at all. Its customer service. If you have my number and something like that happens, give me a call!" This was a very safe neighorhood, by the way. Most of the homes probably go for over $400K. It was also daylight. There are a couple neighorhoods not far from where I am that I wouldn't have done this in, by the way. -Rocky