UPS wants me to WORK for FREE

trickpony1

in this case it is a powerfull rebuttal. The teamsters were raping your pension plans when most of us could not spell CS.

....quite possibly but no one has answered the question I pose in the Labor
Relations forum somewhere, to the effect:

"What about the stories floating around about how the company had a representative sitting on the CS pension board that knew, or should known, about the affairs of CS and the impending trainwreck?"

.......but yet the "trainwreck" still occurred.

Perhaps you can answer this question. thanks.

sweatyguy

Call the 800 integrity issues number....that is total bs...when you walk from the sandwich prep area to the fry cook area, Mcdonalds doesn't call that "travel time", do they...?

yeldarb

They dont make you punch out either, and to compare anything with Mcdonalds and UPS is naive anyways. That is comparable to saying the travel time to your route is unpaid.

trickpony1

C'mon guys.....
the supe that tells the helper to clock out for "travel time" is just trying to make his (supe's) numbers look good so he (supe) can stumble further up the ladder of success.
Will the supe get caught? Probably.
Will anything happen to him? Probably not.

i have all my hours typed up and everything written in detail. i'll let you guys know what happends today when i go in and have a discussion with someone else!

F

Free at last

Welcome to UPS! I just got another job. Free at last after 15 years in the brown toaster. I'm going to enjoy Christmas this year.

Get out now before your sucked in!

brownrodster

I would call the 1-800 ethics hotline and explain what is going on.

Other than that just smile, do what you are told and work safe! If you want a career with UPS don't let these ******* managers end it now. Theres a great chance they can screw your chances if you speak out publicly.

2Slow

Agreed . In fact some management is almost as dishonest as your teamster officials.

Don't sell managment short here... I've got 20 years in and I can tell you that many of the managers I've dealt with make the Teamsters look like amateurs. The Honest and decent managers don't seem to have long careers around these parts.

rod

Retired 22 years
Tsiawddood are you still with us? Inquiring minds want to know 10 months latter- were you ever paid?:w00t:

happybob

Feeders
Have you spoken with anybody from the union about this? Have you spoken with the center manager yet? After exhausting these two options I would defenitly contact human resources. There is a simple way to deal with this. Tell your supervisor you will not punch out until the end of the day. Any and all travel during the day to help others will be paid for time. If he refuses, tell him you will meet your driver at the prescribed location and when he's done with you you'll punch out and go home. You will not drive your personnal vehicle all over the place to meet other drivers. You can tell him if you are to use your vehicle to meet other drivers then he must pay you milage and hourly pay for this time. Good luck, and stand up for yourself. You can see from the way you are being treated now that you most likely wont want to work for the company after peak anyway.:angry: