UPS What a waste of time

bailey2227

Sort is the easiest of the three. If you were a loader or unloader you'd be working twice as hard. Sounds like you might need to move on to something else.

evilleace

UPS is defintetly not for everyone if you aren't there for the long term then leave now because for the money you can go flip burgers or make tacos. But if you are willing to work hard and stick it out you will get ahead, you just have to know waht you want and go for it and not complain! UPS is definetly a school of hard knocks especially unloading and loading as said before those are three times as tough as small sort. Good things come to those who wait.

tieguy

Banned
What is really bothering me is that the sorter puts 5-6 boxes in the bins and then he uses his phone to text for 10-15 minutes, I let my sup know and he said oh yeah we know, he has been here for 10 years and we can't tocuh him, he has been fired 3 times already and in the mean time I am not gettting the volume that I need to bag 400 pckgs and hour

small sort as a new hire? No wonder you're upset. thats like handing you a mop. tell them you want a real job in the unload.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There`s women here that can drive circles around the men. Of course it`s because they`re looking for the sales at the stores. j/k

I thought it was because they were trying to put their makeup on while talking on their cell phones while looking for the sales at the stores. n/k

Actually, one of our best loaders happens to be a "female". I say "female" because I have been told that it took her 1/2 hour to complete the male/female question on her application-she finally chose "both".

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do less work than most, Im sure it was humor, but...............
No 1. Dont use the 'there are too many women here as an excuse"
In the world we live in you will have both, and if you dont like it you will have a hard time anywhere. Now if they cant do the job, you may have a case. Since this employee is new, I will warn him, we are used to condescending mannerisms, and you will be found along the road and torn to shreads, so tread lightly:happy2:
There are good women and good men, we are all here for the same reason. To do a job, and make money for our families.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I starting working at ups not to long ago, I was so excited. the one week training is a waste, the only thing that I was able to use out of it was the 8 keys and the 5 keys, they rush you on the rest of it. I started in small sort, they want you to bag 400 packages an hour the 1st week. the volume was not there and they don't take under consideration the time it takes you to add bags to the rack. After 3 hours you get a 10 minute brake, it takes you 4-5 minutes to get to the closest rest room. At the end of the night once you are done with your work, they moved you to help put on the slow ones and on the way out you have to carry bags to othe PD'S. I am so disappointted. They work you so hard an d pay you so litte. Once the Union fees come out is like working a free day out of the week.

Do yourself a favor, take a breath, a very deep breath, hold it, now let it go when life is easy enough for you.

Working for UPS is not working for beauty salon, what were you expecting, sit down on a chair with a mirror infront, we all started that way from the bottom up, just be patience and the reward will come.

Sorry brother, but every time you post and I see that little mouse, I read the text in speedy gonzalez talk, no offense.

When you come to work this morning, I want you to turn around when you walk in the door and look up. You will see a red sign which says "Exit". Please feel free to use this at any point.

Hope he doesn't turn blue while looking for that sign.

Love the side references.

rushfan

Sounds like the young ones these days. They want the high paying jobs without the work. No one is forcing you to stay.