UPS Work Ethic - IS America Losing It?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Paying for netflix & shoes.. How nice.. Do both of you shop at the Natick collection (or did they change the name to the Natick Mall now).. for $800 Manalo Blahniks with the reasoning that she will be taken seriously by the 'right people' (the C level executives that live in Wellesley)
No idea what you're referring to, considering you have no children I suppose you have no idea as to what children purchase that aren't on TV.

Nick9075

No idea what you're referring to, considering you have no children I suppose you have no idea as to what children purchase that aren't on TV.

Like I said, in Massachusetts or the greater NYC area it isn't possible if not making $500,000 a year(or if you aren't on gov't assistance).. Children or teenagers are influenced by parents - you know 3500 sq ft mc mansions, dual story foyers, granite countertops, $800 shoes

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Like I said, in Massachusetts or the greater NYC area it isn't possible if not making $500,000 a year(or if you aren't on gov't assistance)..
500k a year huh? Down here in the south in doing just fine at 100k. If it takes 500k to live where your at it must be lonely.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So why can they not find jobs and pay a measly $500 a month? or is socializing with the 'right' people or hanging out with frat 'brothers' more important?
You seem agitated. Not our fault you grew up in New England. Both kids have college jobs and neither likes frat people.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Like I said, in Massachusetts or the greater NYC area it isn't possible if not making $500,000 a year(or if you aren't on gov't assistance).. Children or teenagers are influenced by parents - you know 3500 sq ft mc mansions, dual story foyers, granite countertops, $800 shoes
So children shouldn't be influenced to be successful and enjoy the benefits there of, such as a nice house, shoes, granite countertops, ect? I have a modest house, granite countertops, couple nice cars, and make 100k+ a year. I work my ass off and I hope they are influenced by me. Not sure the point you're trying to make here.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
He spends 5K a month just trying to survive as a single guy.
That might be why he's mad, trying to outearn his spending habits that he seems to be blasting everyone else on. I'm not familiar with other parts of the country so maybe I'm wrong and it really does take 5k to scrape by in his area. If I was in that predicament, I'd find somewhere else to live as that seems like an expensive place for his annual income to keep up with if he's struggling.

Cowboy Mac

$2,000 is nothing. I pay $1980 a month in rent for a town 25 miles outside of Boston that is near the hub in Chelmsford. I bet your friends tease you that you don't have the latest Jordans or can't afford to spend $15,000 for sleeve tattoos. I am too busy working to hang out with shallow, materialistic :censored2:heads who try to manipulate others into paying for them or acting as their chauffeaur when they need a ride - my answer is - call a taxi or hire a car and driver for the day

$2000 is a lot for me. Working 3 jobs like I am it would take me a whole month to save that up if I had zero expenses. It's hard sometimes to have to tell my friends no when they want to go eat at a restaurant or hang out because either I have to work or I just can't afford it. But we will see who is better off in a few years. The person who only works during the summers to pay for eating out, then goes back to expensive state university taking on more debt. Or me, the guy who worked his ass off putting in time at UPS who will be debt free and making money as a driver.

Cowboy Mac

Actually NYC ranks as one of the most healthiest cities.. Mental illness is probably caused by 60-80 hour work weeks but most people look very healthy and are doing very well.. People in Boston on the other hand seem miserable, constantly angry and look very unhealthy but then again Boston is one the top 10 drunkest cities in the USA.

Actually, diet and exercise are the two most important things when it comes to mental health. Read "The Primal Blueprint" by Mark Sisson. He talks about and backs up with evidence that what most people would consider a normal diet these days is not what humans are meant to be eating. Many people, and I used to be one of em, walk around in a constant haze because of their poor diet and lack of exercise. I started eating right and doing physical work and it's like the fog has been lifted. I've lost 95 lbs in just over a year.

I would agree that working too much is another factor that contributes to the unhealthy mental states of people. Lack of sleep or improper sleep is another major concern.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
]
BTW, the parking lot in the Chelmsford hub is filled with $50,000 + late model SUV's - guess they all belong to the drivers since a $14.00 an hour part time salary doesn't exactly make the car payment + insurance payment on that. ]
Don't be jealous...and watch out, don't ding my door.. ;)

It sounds as though you aren't very good at managing money, if you can't live off of less than $5k. And the Eastern Massachusetts cost-of-living talk is overblown.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
What work ethic? I get guys who come in the door on an almost weekly basis who say they did this or that so they know hard work, only to see them during the sort wondering if they are going to need a ventilator.

It's not only in the blue collar world. My stepfather works as a director at a chemical company. He says it's comical how these millennials walk through the door. They all think their 4 year degree means they should be running the show and making upper six figures. Then when they actually get hired they're in the door at 8 and out at 430 and complain when they have a normal workload. The hand holding has created a generation of wimps.

And you do what, here at UPS, Mr. Part_Time Supervisor?

Dr.Brownz

Actually NYC ranks as one of the most healthiest cities.. Mental illness is probably caused by 60-80 hour work weeks but most people look very healthy and are doing very well.. People in Boston on the other hand seem miserable, constantly angry and look very unhealthy but then again Boston is one the top 10 drunkest cities in the USA.

Rated healthiest by a bunch of "scientists" who probably all live and work in NYC

govols019

You smell that?
NETFLIX?? A $9.99 a month bill LOL!!!! Oh my god forcing a 20 year old to pay a whole $9.99 a month which is less than what I pay for lunch each day

Heaven forbid the parents make their kids pay for their own car insurance, their Iphone bill or their Comcast cable + Internet bundle which costs $250 a month. I am trying to get a part time job with UPS to pay my bills. I don't know how these kids can afford all this without hitting up parents, credit cards & maxing out student loans. I spend around $5,000 for just basic expenses each month -- don't take any type of vacation, no concerts, red sox games, don't summer on either cape (Cape Cod or Cape Ann)....
BTW, the parking lot in the Chelmsford hub is filled with $50,000 + late model SUV's - guess they all belong to the drivers since a $14.00 an hour part time salary doesn't exactly make the car payment + insurance payment on that.
My 2012 Red Honda Accord EX-L with 15,000 miles is a beater compared to the Ford F350s

Y U So Angry?