UPS worker airlifted after being pinned between semi and dock

W

What The Hawk?

And he lived?
We don't know if it was our new employee, or a kid here for an interview.

We had a tweaker walking through our yard..came up to the belt and a preloader thought he worked there. Started teaching him how to load. LMAO He wanted a package he'd been waiting for at :censored2:ing 5AM. A sup asked him to leave.

Staydryitsraining

Employees fault 100% that was hit. You know the rules, get away from the dock. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. The driver will be the one at fault I'm sure, which is bs.

Porkman

Just last week a feeder driver in Texas was run over from his own equipment and killed when he forgot to set the tractor brake when hooking to the back trailer. He realized it was rolling and tried to pull the lines off or get back in to stop it and killed himself. Don't skip the methods and pay attention!!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just last week a feeder driver in Texas was run over from his own equipment and killed when he forgot to set the tractor brake when hooking to the back trailer. He realized it was rolling and tried to pull the lines off or get back in to stop it and killed himself. Don't skip the methods and pay attention!!
this is tragic. in real life it is hard to pay attention 100% of the time . we had some long weeks with chain controls 2-3-4 days in a row and the fatigue can be almost as bad as having 3-4 drinks. the thing is you think you are alert but you are really not. this is when the methods can really save you if you are using them 100% of the time.

there have been times when i have done a pre-trip , got back into the cab , and can not remember doing the pre-trip. then I get out and do it over.

i agree with the person who said the yard is more dangerous than the highway. after an accident somewhere in the UPS system , they crack down for awhile on yard procedures but then let up when we were 15-20 moves behind.

during peak, all bets are off and you can do whatever you want. ass backwards.