UPS Year end stock price

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, Eagleye6, if you know something spill your guts!! I need to know how many trips I can schedule to Vegas next year !! :)

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
I'm sure whatever it is UPS will screw something up this season like letting air pkgs sit in a snowed in hub for 3 days before moving them. Poor decisions like this during a very public time of year for this company. Tanked my $95 stock to under $70.

Thanks guys!

eagleye6

here's the deal:
cut down to two domestic regions
sell corporate office and relocate skelton crew to louisville
the regions and corporate staffs are a luxury we can no longer afford
all available management goes back to district to improve service
if there is excess management after that--offer ero like one in 90's. we have the cash to do it.
ups has a structural problem. not an operational one. we make money
less management will move stock forward. less management will mean bigger mip in `07 for those who are left.
make 2007-`the year of the customer' focus on service...not cost cutting.
if you want to learn more, read"the world is flat" by friedman. he spells it out and he's also eskew's bud.

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
Eagleeye- Well said I just wish that someone like you was in corporate. What probably will happen is that some genius will cut drivers instead. :confused:1

25yrvet

Thanks Eagleye6;
I've heard rumor of a big push to get the price up for the 100 yr anniversary.

IMHO-Sure could use LESS IE dept, but that'll never happen since that's where mike came from.

djbeckett

That is a great news! I hope that your source is right. I plan to hold out until UPS stock hits between $80 and 85 by year end and sell a good chunk of my holdings. I want to diversify and start a Roth IRA....

Thebrowntruth

Thanks Eagleye6;
I've heard rumor of a big push to get the price up for the 100 yr anniversary.

IMHO-Sure could use LESS IE dept, but that'll never happen since that's where mike came from.

"Get the price up for the 100 yr anniversary"? You have got to be kidding vet. I have heard some silly rumors said by some even more silly people but whoever told you that has to be a financial idiot! The stock has been in a holding pattern the last several anniversaries so why would 100 be special? Oh I could just see Scott or Mike letting a comment like that slip to someone on Wall Street! Yikes. A publicly traded company holding on for an anniversary OMG!!! The stock is where Wall Street says it should be and I doubt any of us go over the financials of the company more than those pro's on the street

djbeckett

You are right Thebrowntruth. I hope to sell a good portion of my holdings in UPS when they hit about $80/share. I think I will do better diversifying my investment than keeping it with UPS given that Since December of 2004 it has not hit $86.61/share. Instead almost 2 years later UPS is worth about $9 less around $77/share. Aug 15 of 2006 UPS was at $69/share. I know that we could all be doing a lot worse like if we had invested in Ford or some other company but I think that we could do a lot better too!

If it were not for the 10% employee discount I don't think I would invest much in UPS at all! :(

I hope things for UPS on Wall Street will look up in months ahead.

25yrvet

Don't call me silly--be respectful

If you think W/S totally controls UPS stock price you are mistaken.
Consider--
A vs B shares
Casey Foundations holdings
Cash holdings of UPS

Time will tell, barring some more embarrassments, I feel the price will be in the 87-91 range in the Sept of 07

hoser

Industrial Slob
I'd be ecstatic if it just returns to $80 where it was before and then grow from there.
That new pact UPS signed shot the stock up $1.79 the other day.

UPS has nowhere to go but to grow. Unique product and superior vision (acknowledging the Asian tigers). With 40-cent-per-share Q3 dividends paid out even though SCS is bloated, imagine how great the stock will perform when they trim the fat off that operation!
You are right Thebrowntruth. I hope to sell a good portion of my holdings in UPS when they hit about $80/share. I think I will do better diversifying my investment than keeping it with UPS given that Since December of 2004 it has not hit $86.61/share. Instead almost 2 years later UPS is worth about $9 less around $77/share. Aug 15 of 2006 UPS was at $69/share. I know that we could all be doing a lot worse like if we had invested in Ford or some other company but I think that we could do a lot better too!

If it were not for the 10% employee discount I don't think I would invest much in UPS at all! :(

I hope things for UPS on Wall Street will look up in months ahead.
You know you have to wait 2 years, right?

And don't put all your eggs in one basket! Good god!!!!!

And 10% discount on share is crap. I worked for a startup airline that would give you dollar-for-dollar match.

moreluck

golden ticket member
UPS Board Sets Dividend
Thursday November 16, 4:08 pm ET
ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Board of Directors of UPS (NYSE:UPS - News) today declared a regular quarterly dividend of 38-cents per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares.
The dividend is payable Jan. 4, 2007, to shareholders of record on Nov. 27, 2006.
UPS has raised its quarterly payout 81% since February 2003. UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a global leader in supply chain services, offering an extensive range of options for synchronizing the movement of goods, information and funds. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., UPS serves more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. UPS's stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange (UPS) and the company can be found on the Web at UPS.com.