UPSers.com Content Questions!

Eblades11

Hello Brown Cafe Bloggers,

I am one of the posters of content at a district level for upsers.com and would like some input on what you or what brings you to the website. Granted I don't control the content across the country but can work on getting more relevant and or worthwhile content on the website with your help.

So with that being said I pose questions to you...

What kind of content do you read?

What do you care about?

Do you read the local content (i.e. stories under district headlines)?

What brings you to the site (i.e. paycheck stubs, discounts)

What would entice you to log in more?

What content is missing or you would like to see more of?

How often do you log on (please indicate your position.. driver, inside employee, management)?

Thanks for your input. Please feel free to e-mail me responses or post on this forum. My goal is to bring your feelings forward and attempt to make the upsers.com a better employee website. :w00t:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I go there for my paycheck, and discounts.
I like to read about people at UPS, that do things other than deliver, or work inside, like volunteers, sports, what their hobbies are, etc.
I think a "hero" site would be good, like people who work with children, save stupid people from themselves,.....people in auto accidents, the ups people who recue them. The one that gets a letter sent to corporate for something great they did to help a person in a difficult situation. The ones who have amazing animals, etc.
I think out of 300,000 + employees, you could find one a month if you look real hard.
I also think it would be great to have a section of UPS people in need. People who work with us who have a need in their life, such as a recent death, dismemberment, disability, terminal sickness, where maybe people who would like to could help them monetarily, or through past experience, could give information.
But that would just be too sad I guess, to have that on a page.
But I think most of us just want to find out info about others, thats why we are here, and I think that is why more people would go there. JMO
An example is the post of the driver in VA who was killed. Even though it is awful news, at a UPS site, we should be able to get the info. It should be newsworthy.

Last edited:

Griff

You may want to talk to whoever takes care of the "discounts" section of the webpage. It's a ridiculous mess, half the links don't work, directions are vague, and some of the discounts aren't even real.

Example: Omaha Steaks claims to give us 40% off the regularly listed price of everything they sell. The regularly listed prices are not only ridiculously high, but everything they sell is on "sale" and the sale price is better than our discount. So basically if you take our nice big UPS discount, you end up paying more for the product. Nice discount, huh?

helenofcalifornia

I agree about the "discount" info. Some of it is not very helpful at all. You think UPS would get better discounts. I go for the paycheck info and to see also where my district is ranked and where people are. I think it would be a good idea to post the "brown cafe" website so more people would log on with new ideas etc. I guess that won't be happening. How about a place where we could order stuff from the catalog? How about if we could buy socks through this website instead of Cintas? I need socks, but can't get them because I don't have the time to call or am not a "member." How about an opinion forum (one way) where we could chime in. I am sure UPS would like to know that alot of the drivers and PT'ers think this Christmas is smoother because of PAS. I like UPSers.com.

DS

Fenderbender
Eblades11

I`m not surprised you chose the brown cafe` forum to actually get some responses to your query.It is the best place to get real answers to real questions.
Cheryl should feel proud that you would seek advice in the one place where the real positives and negatives of working for the company are revealed and explored.
OK that said...now onto upsers.com
I personally usually only log on Thursday night to review my paycheck,
and I usually read the stories posted there.
I agree with all of tooners suggestions and especially the point about upsers with personel problems.We rally together every year to generate millions of dollars for the United Way yet when it comes to taking care of our own,we come up short.If an employee with just a few years in gets cancer or becomes disabled and cannot work,his/her pension would fall way short of allowing him/her to live comfortably.
These are just examples but you get my point.
Maybe you could make it more interesting by designing an online videogame that depicts a day in the life of a upser.
example: You are a driver,you have 150 stops,you check your air,leave the building and try to follow all the methods in a 9 1/2 hour limit.

All in all the site is just too corporate and boring.It needs to be more interactive.

jlphotog

I go there mostly to view my pay on Thursdays and for the discounts, although I have never used any of them. I will read a little about UPS, but I would rather get my info about the company in the "reading room" with Inside UPS in my hands.

Pip

UPSers.com is layed out pretty decent. A couple things that need improvment are the links, quite a few deadends, or better put, links that are not kept updated. the site has a lot of information, but there could be better updating with what is already there.

I would like to see a more indepth HR section. EX; career developement and education sections are for the most part non-existent. A link to inside ups.com would be a plus. There is a lot of information on (insideups)that you can only get at work, but rarely have the time,because of work.

But if i had to narrow to one thing, I would say, just keep what you already have updated.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do agree on the discount page. I used the Dell to by a pc for xmas back in October. And I never got my discount. Not knowing the India Language, or Arabic, I had a real tough time getting the shipping free, which anyone should get........even if its not from upsers,com, and Im still waiting on my concession coupon since.....
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Out of Office AutoReply: Case#145432179
Date: Friday, December 08, 2006 10:28 PM

Hello!!! I would be away from office till 18th December.

You get the drift....

hoser

Industrial Slob
-clean up the layout. the GUI is nice, but there are too many redundant and circular links, not to mention dead ends
-the supplemental documents/attachments on announcements (ex: headline: eskew makes speech, description: eskew made a speech about free trade in Tokyo today....his full speech is attached. attachment [on the far right in small print]: eskewspeechtokyo.pdf) is not very easy to find, it should be below the announcement and boldfaced, not on the right frame in 8 point font.
-put internal job postings on website, but this is more of a matter that corporate communications should improve upon; as much as their transparent policy on promotion from within is above par, the posting of available jobs is highly inadequate, promotion and job postings are informed of by word of mouth which is not a good method IMO.
-documents on promotion process and few other things are "under construction"
-news section is great
-as is info on paycheques and details over the vast amount of spectacular discounts we get with softmoc and ford.
>>>speaking of such, there's no information regarding our UPS shipping discount :p

(before you reply, yes, i know, we don't have a ups shipping discount)
I do agree on the discount page. I used the Dell to by a pc for xmas back in October. And I never got my discount. Not knowing the India Language, or Arabic, I had a real tough time getting the shipping free, which anyone should get........even if its not from upsers,com, and Im still waiting on my concession coupon since.....
I've never heard of call centres in the central and middle east, I think that's because their specialty is the crack, I mean, oil that we just love. I wish they had call centres in the middle-east, though, Arabs speak great english. I find Dell's outsourced Indian call centres to be very good. Unlike, say, United Airlines.

Last edited:

Delivered

Should be able to view positions up for bid and even bid on them. Its a train wreck in our hub trying to bid on something they always have to post corrected copies, it takes weeks to find out who won a certain bid. I agree with the discount section a lot of info is missing.

pkgdriver

I agree about the "discount" info. Some of it is not very helpful at all. You think UPS would get better discounts. I go for the paycheck info and to see also where my district is ranked and where people are. I think it would be a good idea to post the "brown cafe" website so more people would log on with new ideas etc. I guess that won't be happening. How about a place where we could order stuff from the catalog? How about if we could buy socks through this website instead of Cintas? I need socks, but can't get them because I don't have the time to call or am not a "member." How about an opinion forum (one way) where we could chime in. I am sure UPS would like to know that alot of the drivers and PT'ers think this Christmas is smoother because of PAS. I like UPSers.com.

I ordered socks a couple of weeks ago from a link on the UPSers site. You no longer have to call and set up an account. It didnt take much time.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Should be able to view positions up for bid and even bid on them. Its a train wreck in our hub trying to bid on something they always have to post corrected copies, it takes weeks to find out who won a certain bid. I agree with the discount section a lot of info is missing.
I agree. But imagine trying to implement this for the nation's 3rd largest workforce :whistling:whistling

nicholeism

nicholeism
I've only been at UPS a little while, I'm just getting into checking out the web sites involving employees. I don't really get online very much.

govols019

You smell that?
I use it to check on my sales leads and read the comments the salespeople post. Like this one: Comments: 1. 3:07 Andrew didn't have time to talk, doing ultra-sounds on cows, requested me to call another day.

SteveOUPS

Me and my helper.
I have seen that we drivers can check our forecasted dispatch for the following day at the center. I would like to be able to do that by logging onto upsers.com when i am home at night to see my stops for the following day. Also, I think that u can fix missloads set to go on your truck from the forecast. It would be a very useful tool.

DS

Fenderbender
I have seen that we drivers can check our forecasted dispatch for the following day at the center. I would like to be able to do that by logging onto upsers.com when i am home at night to see my stops for the following day. Also, I think that u can fix missloads set to go on your truck from the forecast. It would be a very useful tool.
You've got to be kidding!Where to you work, Mayberry?
Thats working off the clock online....weird

Griff

Is this supposed to be a joke? Ah, it must be a "silent majority" thing, real smart. Do you show up 30+ minutes early and rearrange your load off the clock too? Jesus.

P.S. -- I don't think you know what a misload is.

bad company

semi-pro
Is this supposed to be a joke? Ah, it must be a "silent majority" thing, real smart. Do you show up 30+ minutes early and rearrange your load off the clock too? Jesus.

P.S. -- I don't think you know what a misload is.

You guys can be mean at times...haha. But hey, on a positive note, his helper looks cute. :love-very: