UPSers.com Retirement Announcements

Six Sides

Is there a reason all retirements are not announced on UPSers.com? I called a coworker yesterday only to find out his last day was a week ago. It would be nice to be aware of retirements to send a card or email with congratulations. He was a 30 year plus partner.

Karma...

Is there a reason all retirements are not announced on UPSers.com? I called a coworker yesterday only to find out his last day was a week ago. It would be nice to be aware of retirements to send a card or email with congratulations. He was a 30 year plus partner.

IE did a study and determined it was wasted cost .

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What percentage of management or hourly actually survive the gauntlet and make retirement ?.....

I guess that depends upon your definition of "survive."

I know of 3 management people in my disctrict that all got whacked when they were less than 1 year away from being able to retire with full company-paid medical benefits.

I know of 2 others who "made it" the whole way but both have some pretty serious stress-related health issues. One has cancer. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy, and this guy was actually a pretty decent human being who went to bat for his employees and wound up paying the price for it.

Its a lot easier when you are an hourly. Every summer I go on the annual one-week "old farts fishing trip" and hang out with a dozen or more retired drivers who were able to get out with their health and sanity mostly intact. Its nice to have a contract with a grievance procedure instead of having to crawl into the bosses office and beg for your job when you are 54 years old.

This company shoots its wounded, eats it young, and throws its old and weak to the wolves. If you are in management and within 3 or 4 years of retirement, you had better get yourself an attorney and start dotting your i's and crossing your t's. Watch your back...because the coworker who pats you on it is probably looking for a good place to stick the shank.

Last edited:

The Milkman

I know of 3 management people in my disctrict that all got whacked when they were less than 1 year away from being able to retire with full company-paid medical benefits.

I know of 2 others who "made it" the whole way but both have some pretty serious stress-related health issues. One has cancer. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy, and this guy was actually a pretty decent human being who went to bat for his employees and wound up paying the price for it.

Its a lot easier when you are an hourly. Every summer I go on the annual one-week "old farts fishing trip" and hang out with a dozen or more retired drivers who were able to get out with their health and sanity mostly intact. Its nice to have a contract with a grievance procedure instead of having to crawl into the bosses office and beg for your job when you are 54 years old.

This company shoots its wounded, eats it young, and throws its old and weak to the wolves. If you are in management and within 3 or 4 years of retirement, you had better get yourself an attorney and start dotting your i's and crossing your t's. Watch your back...because the coworker who pats you on it is probably looking for a good place to stick the shank.

Wonderfully said

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I bet your management team calls you "Sunshine" :happy-very:

wkmac

in case anyone is planning a party - i plan to retire on january 3rd, 2035.

I hope you don't feel slighted but on that date I'll have 2 conflicts to prevent my attending.

1) My hooverchair won't get me that far.

2) Bingo in the Baby Boomers Canteen.
:wink2:

If I had that long to go, I'd just quit now and save myself all the trouble!
:happy-very: