upspac 2006 video- See What really Matters

Just Lurking

Has everybody already got this video?

Have you watched it yet?

I'mk thinking of watching while my boy naps this afternoon.

EDIT: My DVD player wont play this mini-DVD. Can someone post what it contains.

brett636

Its not a mini DVD, its a cd that you play on your computer. I've seen mine, and it bascially talks about all the different complaints the European courts have recieved on the unfair business practices Deutche Post and how you should give money to them so they can help fight the german post office and their unfair business practices here and abroad. I find the videos slightly amusing as last year they had one showing an empty UPS hub and said "This is what UPS will look like if DHL isn't challenged by our legislators" or somethign to that effect.

trickpony1

"...and how you should give money to them....".
You have to be kidding!
Our company has money to throw away and they are asking the hourly people to contribute to this "cause"?
I recall reading an article in the local paper, years ago, about how our company was just given the rights to several new air routes to China. Midway through the article a reference was made about how the senators and other important people in Washington who were instrumental in this received their checks from our company shortly thereafter. I wish I would have saved the article.
Anyone who doesn't think our company doesn't spend big money for/on lobbyists in Washington is clearly living in a dream world.

I threw my mini-cd, or whatever it is, away also.

DS

Fenderbender
I dont see the sense in making your car spew smoke.Why dont you race it or something.Its a stinky pastime that ruins the environment.You and all your pals that enjoy your smokefests are probobly gonna die young from breathing in all the carcinogens.Or am I missing something here?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
DS......aaahhh pal, you ah smokin again? :lol: I cant figure out what you are talkin about.

Or maybe you just been puttin in those long hours again.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm with DS on this one........the video with the smokin' car wasn't cool.
What a stupid thing to do with a car.:thumbdown

traveler

Where next? Venice
trickpony1 said:
"...and how you should give money to them....".
You have to be kidding!
Our company has money to throw away and they are asking the hourly people to contribute to this "cause"?
I recall reading an article in the local paper, years ago, about how our company was just given the rights to several new air routes to China. Midway through the article a reference was made about how the senators and other important people in Washington who were instrumental in this received their checks from our company shortly thereafter. I wish I would have saved the article.
Anyone who doesn't think our company doesn't spend big money for/on lobbyists in Washington is clearly living in a dream world.

I threw my mini-cd, or whatever it is, away also.

I am not an expert on this subject but I do know that companies are limited as to the amount they can contribute to any one person's political campaign. If the company wants to support a friendly candidate beyond that limit the only "legal" way to do that is through a Political Action Committee (PAC). That is the reason for the contribution request. If companies were allowed unlimited contributions then the richest companies would control our government (more than they do now).

It's a shame that this apparently wasn't well explained by the center manager and/or supervisors. That is quite obvious considering all the replies here.

palguy

moreluck said:
I'm with DS on this one........the video with the smokin' car wasn't cool.
What a stupid thing to do with a car.:thumbdown

That is what a Camaro SS is made to do. Your probably to old to understand that though.

palguy

double_standard said:
I dont see the sense in making your car spew smoke.Why dont you race it or something.Its a stinky pastime that ruins the environment.You and all your pals that enjoy your smokefests are probobly gonna die young from breathing in all the carcinogens.Or am I missing something here?

Ruin the environment? LOL.

"Damn young whippersnappers with their suped up racecars!" -double_standard

Chill out gramps. Your gonna have a stroke.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pal....used to own a Camaro IROC Z.....however, back then I was playing Culture Club Tapes in it for my music.......In the church of the poisoned mind......go Boy!! :lol:

F

fraggle rock

The car is supposed to make you think that all vehicle emit the smoke that dozens to hundreds of package cars do during the morning in the center or multicar building.

The more you see non-packagecar smoke, the more you will accept the cars in the center. When you get sick, you won't sue because all cars emit this much noxious gas.

DS

Fenderbender
Pal.I`ve been to the drags and I know they do some burn throughs to get the tires hot so they can get better traction off the line,but your little video was just someone(you?),standing on the brakes and gunning the crap out of the car.I don`t think the Camaro SS is essentially made to look like a burning schoolhouse going 3 MPH. It is built for speed,not to create lots of smoke.I hope you charge admission to all the kids that come to watch you make smoke because replacing brakes and tires must get expensive . Damn whippersnappers are down there making smoke again instead of racing their suped up racecars...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Ive got a 70 442 that I have to work on.

While there might be faster cars, there is something about hitting the gas and getting thrown into the seat as the car starts to take off without you.

As for buring tires off the line, I can do it in three gears, no biggie. Doing tire burnouts for show is an expensive way to get attention. Kinda tough on the car as a whole.

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They have a burn out contest at the local nationals event. And I would consider taking my newer vehicle out there before a vintage car.
After seeing this vintage classic, 442, orange and white convertible, custom interior just an awesome show vehicle.............I was floored, when he took it out their and burned the tires off of it. Rubber everywhere, it would never ever smell right again. Dweeb.