UPSPAC letter-anyone plan on giving?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS can give some of their billions in profit if they chose to do so then. With the cost of living going through the roof,there really isnt much money left to spare.
No UPS can not give to Political Campaigns ... it is illegal.

Unions can and that is why the Teamsters out gives UPSPAC by such a wide margin.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Hence the move in to supply chain management, logistics, credit, airlines (using our planes on the weekends to fly tour packages), and other areas so that, in simpler terms, all of our eggs are not in the same basket. UPS is a much more diversified company than most of us realize for the simple reason that if one aspect of the business should falter or even fail the others will hopefully make up for that loss.

Upstate is correct.

Diversification.

Does anyone really think Pepsi Co is successful just selling colored sugar water infused with carbonation?

How many potatoes are really in a bag of Ruffles?

How much money does a fast food joint make on selling a 16 oz fountain drink?

Pepsi is the master of diversification.

As a Pepsi stockholder and UPS stockholder; I am glad that there is more to UPS than moving small packages.

I gave, just like I did last year and I will again in 2010.

Whether it be UPSPAC or any other pac..it is nothing more than a legal avenue to influence political corruption. This is just my opinion and has nothing to do with my thoughts about the fedex/ups topic.

wornoutupser

I will not give.

P-Man, I love your Jim Casey quotes- will you please give them to our current top brass and remind them how this company is supposed to be run?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm in management and I give every year.

I didn't know that hourly people were solicited to give.

I guess the reason they do that is that management makes up only 9% of this company.

Its certainly your choice to give or not. The success of UPS impacts not only management, but the other 91% as well.

Here is what Jim Case said over 60 years ago:

An expanding business is the only way to provide opportunities for our people. 1944

Our company has grown because our people have grown, and our people have grown because our company has grown. And so it will be in the future... 1945

It seems to me that if UPS doesn't prosper, packages and jobs will move to non-union carriers.

P-Man

Happy employees are productive employees, happy employees want to grow the business because it will be beneficial for all. When you beat your employees down day after day there will be major resentment and moral goes out the window...like what is happening now. Who wants to get volume when your working 12 hrs a day, who wants to give to ups pac when folks are being followed...etc etc.