Uptick in Amazon shipments via UPS to my ZIP code

Pink Jazz

Historically, my ZIP code gets most of its Amazon shipments via Amazon Logistics, followed by USPS. However, the past two weeks I got two Amazon shipments via UPS Ground, and these were from local fulfillment centers. This seems unusual for my ZIP code, since I presume the reason why Amazon avoided UPS/FedEx for my ZIP code was due to delivery area surcharges. Did UPS recently change the list of ZIP codes that are subject to delivery area surcharges?

I also got a few Amazon shipments recently both via Amazon Logistics and USPS during Prime Week. I used to get OnTrac a few times in the past but they are now rare for Amazon shipments where I live. Only once the entire time I have been a Prime member I have gotten an Amazon shipment via FedEx (that is, those shipped from an Amazon warehouse, not directly from third party sellers) and it was a paid upgrade to one-day shipping in 2017.

Could anyone explain the uptick in recent UPS shipments from Amazon in my area?

GenericUsername

We're a bunch of drivers and preloaders/loaders s*posting on the internet. We couldn't tell you what's going on where you live, especially seeing as you never gave us your area.

Pink Jazz

Looking into more detail, considering the times my orders were shipped, I actually wonder if Amazon is testing the new UPS Extended Hours Pickup for Next Day Ground Delivery offering in my area.

MattM

Check your flightaware app. My area got an extra 767 starting in May to try and start processing it all earlier. It still backlogs for the building our size. It ends up being more for the guys who barely show up earlier. They need to go all in with the hourly guys. Get those drivers on the road before 9am for once.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
All joking aside....we are slammed. We’re running helper teams with peak stop counts and stop density.

Best part is that with peak you’ve got 6 weeks tops of balls to the walls, but this seems to be never ending. Oh and it ain’t 150 degrees in the back of the truck during December. Hell I'm pretty sure I visited the spirit world a few times today back there looking for packages.

We’ve been told that apparently on August 1st the USPS is losing major volume from Amazon. So much so that they’ve all received letters at home discussing this and the immediate need for them to drum up new business.

It’s crazy at west....not sure this is nation wide but here it’s reality.

Indecisi0n

All joking aside....we are slammed. We’re running helper teams with peak stop counts and stop density.

Best part is that with peak you’ve got 6 weeks tops of balls to the walls, but this seems to be never ending. Oh and it ain’t 150 degrees in the back of the truck during December. Hell I'm pretty sure I visited the spirit world a few times today back there looking for packages.

We’ve been told that apparently on August 1st the USPS is losing major volume from Amazon. So much so that they’ve all received letters at home discussing this and the immediate need for them to drum up new business.

Just raise stamps to $300.00 , problem solved .

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.

I’m in the Bay Area. There are some areas our building covers where USPS and OnTrac are no longer allowed to deliver Amazon because their sloppy delivery methods have resulted in so many complaints. We are absolutely crushed with Amazon right now. Everyone is on 9.5; you’re getting the OT whether you want it or not so you might as well take the grievance check too.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Historically, my ZIP code gets most of its Amazon shipments via Amazon Logistics, followed by USPS. However, the past two weeks I got two Amazon shipments via UPS Ground, and these were from local fulfillment centers. This seems unusual for my ZIP code, since I presume the reason why Amazon avoided UPS/FedEx for my ZIP code was due to delivery area surcharges. Did UPS recently change the list of ZIP codes that are subject to delivery area surcharges?

I also got a few Amazon shipments recently both via Amazon Logistics and USPS during Prime Week. I used to get OnTrac a few times in the past but they are now rare for Amazon shipments where I live. Only once the entire time I have been a Prime member I have gotten an Amazon shipment via FedEx (that is, those shipped from an Amazon warehouse, not directly from third party sellers) and it was a paid upgrade to one-day shipping in 2017.

Does it really matter as
Long as you got your package

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

No.