US Economy

It will be fine

Raise your sights and aspire to become one yourself.

Or just keep on keeping on...
Plenty of Donald's proposed plans would benefit me personally. That doesn't make them good public policy. I'm sure I can finagle my taxes for the new plan to benefit me with the changes to pass through income. That doesn't mean trickle down works.

floridays

Plenty of Donald's proposed plans would benefit me personally. That doesn't make them good public policy. I'm sure I can finagle my taxes for the new plan to benefit me with the changes to pass through income. That doesn't mean trickle down works.

Dr. Thomas Sowell's "'Trickle Down Theory' and 'Tax Cuts for the Rich'" has just been published by the Hoover Institution. Having read this short paper, the conclusion you must reach is that the term "trickle down theory" is simply a tool of charlatans and political hustlers.

Sowell states that "no such theory has been found in even the most voluminous and learned histories of economic theories." That's from a scholar who has published extensively in the history of economic thought. Several years ago, Sowell, in his syndicated column, challenged anyone to name an economist from any economic school of thought who had actually advocated a "trickle down" theory. To date, no one has quoted any economist who ever advocated such a theory. Trickle down is a nonexistent theory. Those who use it simply argue against a caricature rather than confront an argument actually made.

BrownArmy

Dr. Thomas Sowell's "'Trickle Down Theory' and 'Tax Cuts for the Rich'" has just been published by the Hoover Institution. Having read this short paper, the conclusion you must reach is that the term "trickle down theory" is simply a tool of charlatans and political hustlers.

Sowell states that "no such theory has been found in even the most voluminous and learned histories of economic theories." That's from a scholar who has published extensively in the history of economic thought. Several years ago, Sowell, in his syndicated column, challenged anyone to name an economist from any economic school of thought who had actually advocated a "trickle down" theory. To date, no one has quoted any economist who ever advocated such a theory. Trickle down is a nonexistent theory. Those who use it simply argue against a caricature rather than confront an argument actually made.

So you’re not happy with the current tax ‘reform’ proposals?

It will be fine

What term do you use? The current republican argument is, let the rich keep more money and they will reinvest it in new products, services and hiring more workers. That's trickle down and it's been proven to not work over and over again. Corporations keep their extra money and buy back stocks to increase the value of the shares they own. Lack of capitol is not the reason for the sluggish recovery.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Since UPS will have their taxes cut under the current proposals, I expect them to pass that windfall onto their employees with a generous pay and benefit package increase.

floridays

What term do you use? The current republican argument is, let the rich keep more money and they will reinvest it in new products, services and hiring more workers. That's trickle down and it's been proven to not work over and over again. Corporations keep their extra money and buy back stocks to increase the value of the shares they own. Lack of capitol is not the reason for the sluggish recovery.

I call it lowering excessive onerous taxes, thus allowing those that earned the income decide how they want to spread it throughout the economy.

vantexan

Since UPS will have their taxes cut under the current proposals, I expect them to pass that windfall onto their employees with a generous pay and benefit package increase.
Or maybe the pay and benefits are generous enough at UPS so they'll want to reward stockholders?