Use your big brown truck to run over war protestors!

U

upslocal480

You ever notice that the majority of protestors, for just about anything really, in this country are nerds, dorks, gothics, hippies, etc. ???? Them and the rest of the idiots and ignorant fools around the world that have a problem with what is going on needs to live under Saddam's rule for a year or two. The only protesting they'd be doing is the kind Iraq's citizens are used to and that is FORCED protests. It must be a weird feeling to be made to protest against something you believe in or forced to rally for a cause you don't believe in.

M

moreluck

I'm already through with French wine, French toast and French fries.......now, if Putin doesn't keep his mouth shut looks like we'll be by-passing Russian vodka and Russian dressing. Gosh, there won't be anything left to put on my reuben sandwich.

O

over70lbpkg

These protestors would be the first people complaining if something were to happen to them. I can hear them now....Why didn't Bush do something about it before???? Sounds like the 9-11 incident wasn't enough for these left-wing commie idiots!!! I agree with bigbrownone.....

M

moreluck

FRENCH PRODUCTS...
"...Commerce, which if properly managed, will be a better
instrument for obliging the interested nations of Europe to treat
us with justice." --Thomas Jefferson (1797)

FRENCH PRODUCT LIST (Please forward this list)

Air Liquide, Alcatel, Allegra (allergy medication), Aqualung
(including: Spirotechnique, Technisub, US Divers, and SeaQuest),
AXA Advisors Bank of the West (owned by BNP Paribas), Beneteau
(boats), BF Goodrich (owned by Michelin), BIC (razors, pens and
lighters), Biotherm (cosmetics), Black Bush, Bollinger (champagne),
Car & Driver Magazine, Cartier, Chanel, Cheese labeled "Product of
France", Chivas Regal (scotch), Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix,
Club Med (vacations), Culligan (owned by Vivendi), Daniel Cremieux,
Dannon (yogurt and dairy foods), DKNY, Dom Perignon, Durand
Crystal, Elle Magazine, Essilor Optical Products, Evian bottled
water, Fina gas stations and Fina Oil (billions invested in Iraqi
oil fields), First Hawaiian Bank, George Magazine, Givenchy,
Glenlivet (scotch), Hachette Filipacchi New Media, Hennessy,
Houghton Mifflin (books), Jacobs Creek (owned by Pernod Ricard
since 1989), Jameson (whiskey), Jerry Springer (talk show) Krups
(coffee and cappuccino makers), Lancome, Le Creuset (cookware),
L'Oreal (health and beauty products), Louis Vuitton, Magellan
Navigational Equipment, Marie Claire, Martel Cognac, Maybelline,
Mphisto (shoes and clothes), Michelin (tires and auto parts),
Mikasa (crystal and glass), Moet (champagne), Motel 6, Motown
Records, Mumms (champagne), Nissan (cars; majority owned
by Renault), Nivea, Normany Butter, Ondeo/Nalco Water Treatement,
Parents Magazine, Peugeot (automobiles), Perrier Sparkling Water,
Pierre Cardin, Playstation Magazine, ProScan (owned by Thomson
Electronics, France), Publicis Group (including Saatchi & Saatchi
Advertising), RCA (televisions and electronics; owned by Thomson
Electronics), Red Magazine, Red Roof Inns (owned by Accor group in
France), Renault (automobiles), Road & Track Magazine, Roquefort
cheese (all Roquefort cheese is made in France), Rowenta (toasters,
irons, coffee makers, etc,), Royal Canadian, Salomon (skis),
Seagram's Gin, Sierra Software and Computer Games, Sitram Cookware,
Smart & Final, Sofitel (hotels, owned by Accor), Sparkletts (water,
owned by Danone), Spencer Gifts, Sundance Channel, Taylor Made
(golf), Technicolor, T-Fal (kitchenware), Total gas stations,
UbiSoft (computer games), Uniroyal, Universal Studios (music,
movies and amusement parks; owned by Vivendi-Universal), USFilter,
Veuve Clicquot Champagne, Vittel, VIVENDI-SEAGRAM, Wild Turkey
(bourbon), Wine and Champagne labeled "Product of France", Woman's
Day Magazine, Yoplait (The French company Sodiaal owns a 50 percent
stake), Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Rocher, Zodiac Inflatable Boats.

U

upslocal480

According to other sources....you might be able to add material to make nuclear weapons that was sold to Iraq in the late 70s/early 80s to that list of French products.

(Message edited by upslocal480 on March 21, 2003)

U

ups_vette

It was also in the early 80s that his Holiness, President Ronald Regan, and his Cardinal, VP George H W Bush, sold the Iraqi leader (guess who) biological and chemical weapons to use in the Iraqi war against Iran.

At that time, the Republican administration felt Iran was our enemy, not Iraq, since Iran had held Americans hostage for 444 days, and wanted Iran defeated.

Of course this was the same Iran that another Republican administration (Eisenhower) placed the Shaw in power years earlier. The Shaw who ran Iran with no regard for the people, like all dictators, and created the overthrow in which Americans were taken hostage.

This history makes me worry who our current administration will place in control of Iraq, since we don't have a good track record in picking the right people.

D

deliver_man

It was also in the early 80s that his Holiness, President Ronald Regan, and his Cardinal, VP George H W Bush, sold the Iraqi leader (guess who) biological and chemical weapons to use in the Iraqi war against Iran.

That's BS and you know it. The U.S. never supplied biological OR chemical weapons to Iraq. If you have proof of that preposterous assertion, please post a link to it, and make it something reputable please. I'm not going to waste time waiting for that link, because it doesn't exist.

(Message edited by deliver_man on March 21, 2003)

B

browncow

Unfortunately it is true...

U.S. Had Key Role in Iraq Buildup
Trade in Chemical Arms Allowed Despite Their Use on Iranians, Kurds

A

archibald

angry2.gif
If anyone wants to protest they need to go to a military cemetary first and thank the ones buried there for that right, don't just walk around,read the names and ages also. I believe there are cemetarys in france full of fallen AMERICAN heroes. All you people in the USA armed forces, godspeed and come home safe when the job is done as only you can do it!!
applaud.gif

M

my2cents

Well said Archibald. I'll second that and I support our troops and our President 100%. This war is a rational self-defense of our nation. Appeasing terrorists and dictators who support them does not work because they do not value human life.

In regards to Reagan, he may not have been perfect, but he was instrumental in bringing down the Berlin Wall. Once this Iraqi situation gets cleaned up, I think the U.S. should get out of the U.N., stop being the world's policeman, and focus on securing our own borders. If we have to chase terrorists around the world, we should continue to seek out coalition allies from nations, which share our values and way of life.

P

proups

I love the press....using Ronald Regan, one of the best Presidents in history, to blame for Iraq's nuclear buildup.

He may have supplied them in the 80s, but what was the result of the Gulf War in the early 90s? To disarm Iraq. As soon as George Sr. saw what Saddam was doing with what we had given him to defeat the Iranians, he took proper action. I only wish that he had finished the job, like his son looks like he is going to do now.

Political pressure kept George Sr from doing the right thing a decade ago, but it doesn't appear that George Jr. gives a flip about political
pressure - he is going to get Saddam. We will all be better off for it, and in 2004 we better remember it when we go to the polls to elect our next President. My vote is with the Texan in power right now.

U

ups_vette

browncow:
Thank you for listing the post.
Deliver_man:
I know it's hard for you to believe that someone you worship could have made such a poor decision in the arming of Iraq with wepons of mass destruction. However, at some point in your life you must face reality and recognize that the US Goverment makes mistakes. The arming of Iraq was, perhaps, one of the most serious we have ever made and has lead us to where we are today.

Archibald:
I have been to the military cemetery in Normandy. I have walked among our fallen brave, looking at their monuments, and felt the termendous sacrifice these brave men have made. It was a very humbling experience. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the men and women who serve our country and pray for their safe return.

My2Cents:
I totally agree with you. We can not,should not, and will not appease the dictators of the world. Our future existance depends on removing these supporters of terrorism.
As for Reagan tearing down the Iron Curtain, I'm not sure the world is a safer place today. In my opinion, the world is more dangerous today because of our poor judgement in foreign policy. There has to be a reason for countries that were once our allies, to be our enemys today.
France has been, and will continue to be one of our strongest supporters in our fight against terrorism, suppling valuable information on terrorist cells and their plans to attack us and our intrests. They, along with Germany, have gathered valuable intelligence to assist in our war on terrorism. We can not fight this war without their assistance and the assistance of all freedom loving countries.

M

my2cents

ups vette,

Your point about the world being a safer place is debatable. Even though I wasn't even born at the time, events like the Cuban missile crises and Berlin airlift immediately come mind. I tend to believe the nature of the threat has changed. With the collapse of communism, islamofascism has taken its place. These fanatics think its the Crusades all over again.

O

over9five

These protestors arent anti war. Theyre anti Bush! Where were they when Clinton sent our troops to invade Haiti to oust a tyranical dictator?
I dont think Ill run them over, but I will give them the one finger salute!

M

my2cents

over9five,

I've seen reports that disgusted commuters are throwing garbage at them. They are hypocrits. Saddam has set fire to some oil fields. How come they aren't protesting this enviromental degradation?

D

deliver_man

I know it's hard for you to believe that someone you worship could have made such a poor decision in the arming of Iraq with wepons of mass destruction. However, at some point in your life you must face reality and recognize that the US Goverment makes mistakes. The arming of Iraq was, perhaps, one of the most serious we have ever made and has lead us to where we are today.

Who said anything about worshipping anybody? You posted a lie, stating that President Reagan and V.P. George Bush sold chemical and biological weapons to Saddam Hussein, when there is no evidence to support that at all. I notice that instead of posting a link to your "evidence", all you were able to do is make a smart-ass comment and pretend to be a grown up.

Unfortunately it is true...

U.S. Had Key Role in Iraq Buildup
Trade in Chemical Arms Allowed Despite Their Use on Iranians, Kurds

Browncow, read the article objectively, it does not in any way support the lies that ups vette is trying to spread. It merely states that the Iraqi regime was liscenced to purchase insectides and anthrax strains from US companies. At the time, those liscences were issued to just about any country that applied for them, and contrary to what the liar ups vette might have you believe the White House was not personally involved in issuing those lisences to anyone. Pay attention, the liar ups vette is trying to paint a picture of Hussien coming to Reagan and saying "hey, I need chemical and biological weapons to wipe out the Iranians." And Reagan responding by selling him weaponized anthrax and VX gas. Now go read that article you posted and tell me where it gives ANY evidence of such a scenario occuring. You can't, because it never happened. Countries all over the world have access to anthrax strains and the chemical pre-cursors to VX, because there are legitimate uses for both. The US has NEVER sold weaponised chemical and biological agents to ANYBODY, and anyone who claims we have (like ups vette) is a liar or severely mis-informed. You can certainly make the case that we should have acted sooner to revoke the Iraqi lisence to purchase those items from the US, but remember that hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20, and at the time we were following the advice of neighboring Arab countries in dealing with Iraq, and they were telling us that the best way to bring about change in that country was to keep them economically engaged, ie., by not restricting their ability to do business with the US (your article also makes this point).

U

ups_vette

My2Cents:
If you had read my remarks clearly, you would have realized I said I'm NOT sure the world is safer. I said the world is MORE dangerous today.
Over9five:
We didn't put 275,000 American Troops in harms way and spend over $90 Billion dollars to liberate Hati.
proups:
The press is reporting FACTS, confirmed by the people directly involved at that time.
Ronald Regan being one of the best Presidents? You must have been one of the very few that benifited in a small way from his "trickel down" economic policy, while his right wing Republican friends received a financial bonanza.
The only reason George Sr took the course he did was because Iraq invaded Kuwait, a strong American ally. Had Iraq not invaded, George Sr. would have been content to leave the status quo, but he was forced to defend our ally Kuwait. I agree with you in that he should have finished the job at that time. Had he done so, there would not be the protests we see today from Americans and the rest of the world. Again, just another terrible mistake, in the history of mistakes, our government has made in foreign policy.

U

ups_vette

Deliver_Man:
It's unfortunate you FAILED reading comprehension when in school. Had you passed, you would know that when the article states the Reagan and Bush administration AUTHORIZED the sale, that means it APPROVED and was IN FAVOR of the sale.
Then again, some people just refuse to accept the truth and wish to live in their own land of make believe.
I know it's hard to believe that the leaders we place our blind trust in are humans like us and make mistakes. But when confronted with the documented TRUTH, we must admit we were wrong. Some people will never do that though, no matter how much proof you present. They resort to calling the truth speakers liers, because to do that would put doubts in all their beliefs.
proups: One other item I'd like to respond to is the 2004 Presidential election. From past experience, it wouldn't matter who you vote for. Our right wing Supreem Court will again anoint George W Bush regardless of the vote.

M

my2cents

ups vette,

I'm not going to argue with you, but in regards to the 2000 election, if the Supreme Court didn't stop it, they would still be recounting. Bush still won all those media supervised recounts after the Supremes were forced to act.