User CP Hacked!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Since a standard avatar works, I don't understand why entering a URL of your image or uploading an image from your pc isn't working. Ask Cheryl!

over9five

Staff member
I just tried to reinstall my profile picture, and it says the same thing "unable to save image".
Guess I'll have to see what Cheryl says.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

I think that for many avatars, the avatar is too large for what the site will allow.

I just changed mine to something else, then back again. The one I changed it to said it would be too large, I down sized it and it worked. Then I went back to the old one again.

So as has been mentioned, the boss should be able to help you get your insight back to the site.:happy-very:

d

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Last week I tried to start a thread and post a picture of a satellite center. I got the same "unable to save image" even though I resized it. I get stumped on things too sometimes.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Well scratch my itch. I just tried it again, and I said the same thing for me. Must be something in the way the process is set up right now.

Ill bet the boss will fix it when she can.

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wanted to change my avatar and I got the same thing, too big. I assumed it was just me and didnt have time to mess with it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
UPstate, I did, and then it said that it could not save the avatar. Totally different issue than the size. This is one that da boz will have to fix or investigate.

d

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
UPstate, I did, and then it said that it could not save the avatar. Totally different issue than the size. This is one that da boz will have to fix or investigate.d

For some odd reason, I cannot upload pictures, .gifs or anything else for that matter to browncafe.com. Seems to always show some kind of error. I believe you are possibly getting the same kind of error that I am. Has to be a problem on the server side. Maybe Cheryl can figure something out.

BTW, see if you can host your avatar somewhere else besides here. Try http://my.imageshack.us/ instead.

tieguy

Banned
For some odd reason, I cannot upload pictures, .gifs or anything else for that matter to browncafe.com. Seems to always show some kind of error. I believe you are possibly getting the same kind of error that I am. Has to be a problem on the server side. Maybe Cheryl can figure something out.

BTW, see if you can host your avatar somewhere else besides here. Try http://my.imageshack.us/ instead.

Same problems here. I have uploaded three pictures with the correct type and size and yet they do not display. Once I upload them I can't delete them.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I installed a software upgrade a couple of weeks ago and it must have changed the image upload permissions. I reset them and the images and avatars seem to be working now.

BTW, a major vbulletin overhaul was released a few days ago. It will completely change the way that some of our features, like the image gallery and user profiles, function. I don't think it will automatically incorporate our current image gallery so if you have images you'd like to host here you might want to hold off for about a week until I get the new software all set up.

:peaceful:

My User CP was recently hacked (I guess), and now I can't re-install my avatar. It's size is 80 x 60 and 26.3 kb, well within limits. It says "unable to upload picture" or something like that.
Any ideas?

always keep your eye open