USING A BULKTRUCK FOR RESIDENTIAL DELIVERIES

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If I ever got sent out in a goddam Penske truck to deliver I would drive that sumbitch right into a tree...right quick and in a goddam hurry...I've seen those things filled with 500 boxes during peak and at 1030 at night about 488 of them are still in there...impossible

Poop Head

Judge me.
Lucky guy. Every stop you get out and go to the rear door. Using handrails pull up and with both hands and using your legs pull open the door. Now with no shelves those pkgs have shifted. Shifted every time that truck moves. Can't keep pkgs in the cab because that is against company policy. That 15-17 sporhs should be down to about 5 max. If they tell you to do anything unsafe; lifting back gate with one hand, put pkgs in the cab. Ask them to put that in writing. They have no methods or time allowances for delivering 60 res out of Chocolate Thunder. They do have allowances for package cars with bulkhead access and shelves. But that does not apply to you. And that over head clearance means that you may have to park a little farther from the stop than usual. Remember safety!! They will find someone else after the 10 hour paid day and conference call they had about performance.
tumblr_mnmco9W7Ww1s99m4bo1_500.png

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My first route was driving a straight truck in an industrial park. We call them "vans" in Atlanta. I sometimes delivered a nearby house out of one. For small stops, we delivered out of the cab or lined them up across the rear door so they would be easier to grab.