USING A BULKTRUCK FOR RESIDENTIAL DELIVERIES

ManInBrown

Sounds like a real safety issue and may not even be legal.
I agree. I had a daisy fresh on car in my center ask me years ago if I would cover a UPS Store pickup in a strip mall, on a day I was doing the 24 footer route. First I said are you kidding me? He said no. I said I'm in a 24 footer. Oh oh I'm sorry I didn't know. Never mind.

Also had an off route one day they directed me to deliver. It was a house stop in an area I wasn't familiar with. It was not fun.

Imagine doing 40 house stops. NO WAY. Double tripping would be the only way those house stops would be done by me. I'd tell them it's a safety issue. I don't feel comfortable

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Yeah that's BS. We have about 5 box trucks but they are all used for PO stops, major bulk stops like Pottery Barn/Restoration hardware, and palletized pickups. Residential stops in a bulk van is absolutely ridiculous. And the guy who compared it to a uhaul, it's nowhere near the same. The back of a uhaul is much closer to the ground than the bulk truck.

walk it off

HAVE ANY OF YOU UPSERS USE A BULKTRUCK FOR RESIDENTIAL DELIVERIES?

THANK YOU
Lucky guy. Every stop you get out and go to the rear door. Using handrails pull up and with both hands and using your legs pull open the door. Now with no shelves those pkgs have shifted. Shifted every time that truck moves. Can't keep pkgs in the cab because that is against company policy. That 15-17 sporhs should be down to about 5 max. If they tell you to do anything unsafe; lifting back gate with one hand, put pkgs in the cab. Ask them to put that in writing. They have no methods or time allowances for delivering 60 res out of Chocolate Thunder. They do have allowances for package cars with bulkhead access and shelves. But that does not apply to you. And that over head clearance means that you may have to park a little farther from the stop than usual. Remember safety!! They will find someone else after the 10 hour paid day and conference call they had about performance.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Lucky guy. Every stop you get out and go to the rear door. Using handrails pull up and with both hands and using your legs pull open the door. Now with no shelves those pkgs have shifted. Shifted every time that truck moves. Can't keep pkgs in the cab because that is against company policy. That 15-17 sporhs should be down to about 5 max. If they tell you to do anything unsafe; lifting back gate with one hand, put pkgs in the cab. Ask them to put that in writing. They have no methods or time allowances for delivering 60 res out of Chocolate Thunder. They do have allowances for package cars with bulkhead access and shelves. But that does not apply to you. And that over head clearance means that you may have to park a little farther from the stop than usual. Remember safety!! They will find someone else after the 10 hour paid day and conference call they had about performance.

Once again, thanks.