Using vacation and sick pay to get 500 hours

Maplewood

My guess is the hours have to be worked hours but I just don't know for sure? Make sure you find out!

My case was I needed the 500 and picked up my birthday year. To get medical when I retired you had to be 50!
Make sure you have that number figured out before you retire.

I say that because if you are doing what I did? Going the fastest out you can, at an early age, make dang sure you qualify for the UPS Healthcare benefits. Know that age number!

I tell everyone I retired at 49. Kind of misleading in away I guess? Sure I was 49 and 3/4. To hit that 50 mark I had been planning for years by keeping any unused sick days and vacation time I could on the books. I had almost 6 months of time stored up that put me well past my 50th Birthday.
I'm in the West and we acrue pension contributions for "all compencible hours." That's sick, worked, holiday, vacation up to 2080 hours each year. Any thing you "cash out" counts toward your 500 hours. The only hours I don't get pension for are my Supe working grievances.
It's popular in my area for guys to retire in April after 500 hours. Most of the old guys were off the street and populate vacation in January. They then are allowed to cash out their 7 weeks vacation and any sick leave as bonus and start collecting pension immediately. if they time it right they get 40hours credit into the next month and stay on their current health plan for them and spouse an extra month.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Upstate...Where did you find that information? If I don't work a day in the new year do I forfeit my vacation? What happens to the money that I earned? Does anyone have a number where a human will answer? None of my messages have been returned.
Thanks

Like most everything he claims to know

Pulled from his arse

Future

Victory Ride
D96B7BCB-1668-4E82-919B-0443FB14E2B9.jpeg