usmca trade deal

vantexan

they say it was the greatest betrayal for workers in 50 years. the way it works is totally undemocratic.
But it was great for Americans living in the border, as well as Mexicans. Americans still had it pretty goid, and it helped improve the lives of millions of Mexicans. So there's that.

rickyb

But it was great for Americans living in the border, as well as Mexicans. Americans still had it pretty goid, and it helped improve the lives of millions of Mexicans. So there's that.
i thought it was bad for mexico too, ill have to check it. big agro came down and forced mexican farmers off the land. it caused an immigration to america.

vantexan

i thought it was bad for mexico too, ill have to check it. big agro came down and forced mexican farmers off the land. it caused an immigration to america.
What caused farmers off their land was one of the worst droughts in history. The fact remains that factories moving into Mexico have millions jobs and made northern Mexico States more prosperous. And cross border trade greatly improved life for many Mexican-Americans. I lived down there in the 90's and 2000's and have seen the improvements recently. McAllen, TX is amazingly better. Pretty much the case up and down the border. The one thing that has put a damper on things is cartel activity.

rickyb

What caused farmers off their land was one of the worst droughts in history. The fact remains that factories moving into Mexico have millions jobs and made northern Mexico States more prosperous. And cross border trade greatly improved life for many Mexican-Americans. I lived down there in the 90's and 2000's and have seen the improvements recently. McAllen, TX is amazingly better. Pretty much the case up and down the border. The one thing that has put a damper on things is cartel activity.
not what i heard and mexicans are fatter than ever now because of NAFTA.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The ones crossing the border look kind of skinny to me.
1567993635299.jpg