USPS deal

Gone fishin

Today was the first day I actually heard that an express delivery was pushed to ground. This customer was irate , if I wanted it to go ground , I would’ve sent it ground. She said I wanted express because they’re much more reliable. That’s why I paid more.
PS. The shipment was lost and late.
This is a problem soon to come to light

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If Amazon had such negligible effect then what is the reason for combining the two opco's and taking away so many jobs?
whuuuu.jpg

Brownwind

You want to know what’s going on with the merger go on the Ground Facebook or Reddit driver page. Express packages are being delivered by Ground, drivers deliver if it is convenient. One thing about Ground the driver job is not good enough to worry about it. They get paid by the day and the faster they go the better .
Makes you want to be a teamster?

Sorry but it’s too easy.

I can’t imagine what you are going through. Job insecurity isn’t a joke. You work hard and deserve a premium pay.

zeev

I’m retired RTD it’s coming real soon it’s going to be a blood bath and yes if they had the Teamsters they would not be in this position.

Myort

I heard there were high level meetings in Dallas this past week, and in Pittsburgh next week. Apparently the ground side of things wants to move the commit times from 10:30 to at least noon.

Gone fishin

I heard there were high level meetings in Dallas this past week, and in Pittsburgh next week. Apparently the ground side of things wants to move the commit times from 10:30 to at least noon.
If that happens express service won’t exist. UPS will keep theirs 10:30 and take it all. They will gladly take that high revenue packages. FedEx will just be just Ground losing an enormous segment of revenue.
Customers want their deliveries early , that’s literally what Express is , noon isn’t early. Sorry. Nothing surprises me though with these idiots.
I’m here till they turn the lights off or just retire. Either way is fine. Just hate it for tho younger drivers.

Spam

That’s why express will deliver FO and P1 in some areas. , my guess express will be part time only for the most part. It will no longer be a career

MAKAVELI

That’s why express will deliver FO and P1 in some areas. , my guess express will be part time only for the most part. It will no longer be a career
My guess is the whole plan to merge Express into Ground will implode. Extreme rural PM areas are the only viable option for Ground to take over Express. They painted themselves into a corner and really have no clue how to execute the idea.

Gone fishin

My guess is the whole plan to merge Express into Ground will implode. Extreme rural PM areas are the only viable option for Ground to take over Express. They painted themselves into a corner and really have no clue how to execute the idea.
I believe this. The merger has been failing. Ground is becoming unsustainable because of wages , they are surely not doing more work for bad money and benefits

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If that happens express service won’t exist. UPS will keep theirs 10:30 and take it all. They will gladly take that high revenue packages. FedEx will just be just Ground losing an enormous segment of revenue.
Customers want their deliveries early
You're greatly overestimating how much customers care about this sort of thing. Most shippers wouldn't be concerned enough to make the switch even if a service commitment change were to happen. The most likely response from UPS would be to do the same thing.

yadig

You're greatly overestimating how much customers care about this sort of thing. Most shippers wouldn't be concerned enough to make the switch even if a service commitment change were to happen. The most likely response from UPS would be to do the same thing.
Wishful thinking!! 😂 Ups just reinstated the money back guarantee on two day air shipments. Will FedEx do the same?

zeev

My thought the only way it works is move back the times till noon and than just deliver whenever. Money back guarantee will be like PSP, GFT and what other falsehood they can perpetuate. New ads advertising Ground trucks indicates more contractors bailing.

Gone fishin

So customers say , here’s 85 bucks this will be there by 1030 and when it doesn’t , they don’t care ? I think someone’s reality is a little off.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Well if this isn't putting lipstick on a pig!

Does corporate make you stand on a street corner as you hawk their wares?

FedupExpress

I don’t think that at all , Amazon delivers its own product. Really has no bearing on the rest of the world
Amazon delivers everything, eventually they will put any type of parcel business in bankruptcy...

Bezos might even negotiate a deal at Bohemian Grove and take over the post office.

FedEx will be the first to go... Even ghl will outlast fat Freddy and hurricane Raj

Gone fishin

Amazon delivers everything, eventually they will put any type of parcel business in bankruptcy...

Bezos might even negotiate a deal at Bohemian Grove and take over the post office.

FedEx will be the first to go... Even ghl will outlast fat Freddy and hurricane Raj
99 % of their deliveries are Amazon products