Utter Nonsense

wornoutupser

A driver today became sick on his run and called the center. He was told that a supervisor would come out and drive but that he would have to do the delivery work.
Later that day he began to vomit. He told the supervisor that he had to go home, he was told in no uncertain terms that if he did he would BE FIRED for job abandoment!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A driver today became sick on his run and called the center. He was told that a supervisor would come out and drive but that he would have to do the delivery work.
Later that day he began to vomit. He told the supervisor that he had to go home, he was told in no uncertain terms that if he did he would BE FIRED for job abandoment!

That would never happen to me.

Integrity

Binge Poster
wornoutupser,

This is sad.

Sincerely,
I

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

It won't end for him there, either.
If he doesn't file a grievance, don't listen to anymore of his stories.
Surely it isn't you, is it?

Integrity

Binge Poster
That would never happen to me.
Bubblehead,

Would you do me a favor and share the step by step approach you would take if you were to get sick on route?

I think it would be beneficial coming from you.

Some of the weaker more harassed drivers may learn a little something from you.

I'd understand if you don't want to but I thought I'd ask.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He wouldn't of missed a day. I would of just called someone to pick me up. If your more the passive aggressive type make sure if your gonna spew spew on the sup.

stink219

Take the termination, grieve with back pay, file a harassment charge with HR, call the NLRB, call OSHA. If it was me, I would have just laid down on the ground.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubblehead,

Would you do me a favor and share the step by step approach you would take if you were to get sick on route?

I think it would be beneficial coming from you.

Some of the weaker more harassed drivers may learn a little something from you.

I'd understand if you don't want to but I thought I'd ask.

Sincerely,
I

1. I would call the center manager and inform him to expect me to arrive at the building in X# of minutes because I am sick.

2. Go to my car and go home.

You need not say anything else.

Last edited:

bumped

All you have to say is, " I cannot safely drive this package car anymore." It will stop right there.

Also, If you are hasseled when calling in sick in the morning just say the same thing. "I cannot safely drive." The sup will stop the conversation right there.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
All you have to say is, " I cannot safely drive this package car anymore." It will stop right there.

Also, If you are hasseled when calling in sick in the morning just say the same thing. "I cannot safely drive." The sup will stop the conversation right there.

I used this one once before, I called in and was told I couldn't call out. To which I replied "I don't feel that I can safely a PC today" and my On Car repeated it back sarcastically and then told me next time to just say I was sick......but I got my day off

I used this one once before, I called in and was told I couldn't call out. To which I replied "I don't feel that I can safely a PC today" and my On Car repeated it back sarcastically and then told me next time to just say I was sick......but I got my day off
Hey this is So&so Im calling off sick,Im not a doctor(then I hang up the phone on them)....How many people get the call ? and you want to hassel somebody thats really sick? Thats why we have sickdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QKRSTKR

That is just sad. I guess I just don't understand how it comes to this. I bruised some ribs on a weekend. Took 2 days off. Went in on the 3rd day by 12 I was in so much pain I could hardly stand it. Supervisor came out, took rte over, and I drove his car back to center. I went to doctor, was off rest of week. Some people need to stand up for themselves.

Not trying to sound arrogant, but they know
better than to treat me like that. I was grateful they did what they did and I told them so. 12 full years driving and that was the only time I ever came off car. Not like it happens very often to any of us. They should no way treat anyone like that.

stink219

I just make it more gross every time. I just say I'm out sick today. They will always ask why. I always say it's private. If they persist, I'll give them crazy stuff non of which are true. Blood in my stool. Vomiting in my sleep. Ruptured hemroid. Infected tonsillolith (by far the grossest).

Ms.PacMan

I got food poisoning from a Gyro I ate at a street fair on a Sunday (hey vendors - maybe keeping meat warm in a pan of hot water is a bad idea!) Monday morning, on area, I didn't feel well but got a bottle of pop, thinking that would settle my stomach. I nearly vomitted inside a business - threw up all over the parking lot. I knew it wasn't over and drove back to the building. center manager starts to ask just how sick I am as I take off running for the women's restroom. Projectile vomit everywhere. Hit the bathroom and vomitted again. Porter knocks on the door and says she'll take care of the mess, center manager told her to tell me I should leave.