V. O. T. E.

stink219

The language is always gray as to cause controversy and bickering amongst the Union Members, UPS wants us to squabble more with one another rather than unite together. Their lawyers word these contracts as to do this very thing, divide us to make us weaker. And they've done it again, but maybe not !!!
UPS has 50% of the labor lawyers write language. We have the other 50%. Gray is on our side as well.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
That's not what it says. I have spoken with my steward about this and he explains it as I have! 4 year progression and cannot file 9.5 in that 4 years.
With all due respect, next time you talk to your steward, tell him to attend the next steward seminar offered in your local. He may just be enlightened on how to read and interpret the contract. Appears he's in over his head as he cannot even comprehend what is written in black and white.

stink219

That's not what it says. I have spoken with my steward about this and he explains it as I have! 4 year progression and cannot file 9.5 in that 4 years.
With all due respect, next time you talk to your steward, tell him to attend the next steward seminar offered in your local. He may just be enlightened on how to read and interpret the contract. Appears he's in over his head as he cannot even comprehend what is written in black and white.
Thank you man.

Buck Fifty

Some people won't understand these things. They are too quick to judge or they think it's 1955 again. And your right about Hall. He did yet another great job with negotiations. 4th contract for him.

They didn't negotiate anything guys, they only compromised. IF we vote vote it down, then negotiations will start.

UPS92008

Our cover drivers do 6 differents days of garbage. Hell, most try to run out of hours so they don't have to come in on saturdays. The chance that a cover driver could stay on a route for a week is unheard of in my center.

browned out

Your steward is not quite correct but you are still friend&%d. Most new drivers may be working up to 12 hours (or more) with no recourse. Only so many drivers per center can be "bid coverage drivers". Any driver with under 4 years full time driving seniority and no bidding rights will not; I repeat will not be entitled to protection from the new 9.5 language.
This is the language in our area:
SECTION 1. BID COVERAGE DRIVERS

Bid coverage routes will be created by center on the following basis:

Number of employees Number of bid coverage jobs
1-14 1
15-20 2
21-30 3
31-40 4
41-50* 5
*The table shall continue where the employees exceed 50

So if you are not a bid coverage driver you are screwed.

Well put!
Yea if you have mental problems its well put. That guys only argument is to call names. I don't think you are a troll I think you might not have an idea. There is a difference. 1realbrown has trolled since he arrived calling certain posters names with little to none in the real argument category.